A Wookies return.....

ilnadi

I made it to 60!!!! Today is a rather special birthday for me as I was not so sure I would make it last September. It just goes to show you that being a stubborn SOB can pay dividends. Fight for your life every day!!! I’m still fighting, and happy to be able to!!!
Happy birthday, welcome to 60

Frank

Sasquatch
Had a great ride last night! I rode Tiger Woods clean and I felt strong, never felt like I was really challenging myself. This is quite a difference from…….the last 5 years. Who knows how long this nasty shit had been growing inside me, and I guess an extra 50#s make a huge difference as well. All I know is that I was pretty pumped when I finished the ride yesterday!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
The mind is a powerful thing, but it can work against you as much as for you. 3 weeks ago I scheduled a CT scan for follow up and immediately went into panic mode, what will they find? Will it be bad news? Am I gonna die? I mean I feel great so I shouldn’t think that way but I have been. Scared to death is a good term for it. So I had the scan 2 weeks ago and have been having some intestinal issues since….is it the Barium or my nerves??? A week goes by and no word from the doc, good news I say to myself. 2 weeks go by and I’m almost in a state….I want to know and I don’t. Most people don’t understand what I just said unless they’ve been down the same road. I finally see my phone ring from the docs office on Friday at 4pm….it’s a robo call about my appointment on Monday, I didn’t make an appointment wtf!! So I call the office only to find they are closed for the weekend….man was I pissed, scared, freaked out, etc. I mean, why would they do this to me. So my wife sends them a fax to ensure that they would get my message this morning. In typical Frank fashion, it was loaded with sarcasm and a bit of anger thrown in. I get a call today and the person on the other end was a bit on the quiet side, probably because she thought I was going to bite her head off. She then says that she wants to schedule me in and I said “ok, but soon and early” to which she replied “next Monday at 11”. I guess I blew a gasket at that point, don’t really remember, but I said are you f-in kidding me??? Have my doc call me with my results.
Well a few hours go by and he finally calls….my scans looked good, “ but there is a nodule on your lung I want to keep an eye on”. I said ok, thanks, and hung up. Now I find myself feeling so drained, elated, and not believing what I heard. My wife is thrilled because his job is to find shit and get me to have it treated, I guess he may have heard enough crap from me about this before…I’ve compared him to an auto shop service advisor.
So it looks like I’m doing well, and need to get on my bike and clear my head. What a trip this whole thing is…damn.

serviceguy

The mind is a powerful thing, but it can work against you as much as for you. 3 weeks ago I scheduled a CT scan for follow up and immediately went into panic mode, what will they find? Will it be bad news? Am I gonna die? I mean I feel great so I shouldn’t think that way but I have been. Scared to death is a good term for it. So I had the scan 2 weeks ago and have been having some intestinal issues since….is it the Barium or my nerves??? A week goes by and no word from the doc, good news I say to myself. 2 weeks go by and I’m almost in a state….I want to know and I don’t. Most people don’t understand what I just said unless they’ve been down the same road. I finally see my phone ring from the docs office on Friday at 4pm….it’s a robo call about my appointment on Monday, I didn’t make an appointment wtf!! So I call the office only to find they are closed for the weekend….man was I pissed, scared, freaked out, etc. I mean, why would they do this to me. So my wife sends them a fax to ensure that they would get my message this morning. In typical Frank fashion, it was loaded with sarcasm and a bit of anger thrown in. I get a call today and the person on the other end was a bit on the quiet side, probably because she thought I was going to bite her head off. She then says that she wants to schedule me in and I said “ok, but soon and early” to which she replied “next Monday at 11”. I guess I blew a gasket at that point, don’t really remember, but I said are you f-in kidding me??? Have my doc call me with my results.
Well a few hours go by and he finally calls….my scans looked good, “ but there is a nodule on your lung I want to keep an eye on”. I said ok, thanks, and hung up. Now I find myself feeling so drained, elated, and not believing what I heard. My wife is thrilled because his job is to find shit and get me to have it treated, I guess he may have heard enough crap from me about this before…I’ve compared him to an auto shop service advisor.
So it looks like I’m doing well, and need to get on my bike and clear my head. What a trip this whole thing is…damn.
You should not have to go through this. Nobody should. They (the 'Pros') should really be more careful in the way they communicate with their patients, the 'C' word just randomly put in a sentence can be insanely powerful and not in a good way, same as waiting for a CT scan can be the most nerve wrecking time, it doesn't matter how many time you've gone through the drill.

Give them hell, just enough to straighten them up, then let the Wookie personality charm them in!

I hope you keep doing well. I know you will keep doing well.

#fuckcancer , always!

Frank

Sasquatch
I feel I need to update you all….my scans came back ok. There is a nodule on my lung we will keep an eye on, but overall the Mrs is happy with the report……I guess that’s what matters right?
I have not been riding much lately, I really need to change that, but I’ve been in hiding really. I was brutally attacked by pine flies recently and I have these huge welts all over with 3 inch rings around them, almost like a bad tick bite. I guess my immune system is still not back yet.

serviceguy

I feel I need to update you all….my scans came back ok. There is a nodule on my lung we will keep an eye on, but overall the Mrs is happy with the report……I guess that’s what matters right?
I have not been riding much lately, I really need to change that, but I’ve been in hiding really. I was brutally attacked by pine flies recently and I have these huge welts all over with 3 inch rings around them, almost like a bad tick bite. I guess my immune system is still not back yet.
May I suggested #stingmitchinstead ? What say you @Mitch ?

Kaleidopete

I'm wearing my full sleeve "bug jacket" lately
81b9Hor9KTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Frank

Sasquatch
Been dealing with work stress, home stuff, and a general funk lately. Perhaps it’s the heat and humidity from last week that has sapped my ambition, or maybe I just suck, who knows. I joined the 31/31 challenge and finally made it out today for my first ride…..and I didn’t make it an hour. I guess I need more in the tank than a cup of coffee and a bowl of fruit. But at least I got out, so it’s a start.
171B6922-B1E8-4454-BB0D-DF3FC37A3BCB.jpeg

Super humid out there which didn’t help me, I guess I will try again tomorrow.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Sounds like lack of fuel. Don’t put any more pressure on yourself than you already have. You got out - that’s fantastic.

Frank

Sasquatch
Well, it’s been a while and nothing much to report until today. I hadn’t been to Tm for a few years and am eager to give back, but I’m still too weak to do a lot of work. One of the things I CAN do is instruct, so last night was the first of many crew leader training sessions at Allaire. Three people came to listen to an old mans rhetoric on the finer points of trail work. They caught on fast and it made me feel so good to be able to do that again. There are times when being off the bike in the woods can be as rewarding as being on it. Today I feel a little more spring in my step thanks to @mike_243 , @Matt, Chris, and Joe!
BD8E3D36-0A8E-4129-8F63-F07F570F83E8.jpeg
A68B4CB3-F5E7-4729-9FBD-EF320F40AC06.jpeg
0B06AA32-5369-4F42-BFCE-002519854564.jpeg
184189A8-0300-4BAC-819A-2044898E1627.jpeg

serviceguy

Well, it’s been a while and nothing much to report until today. I hadn’t been to Tm for a few years and am eager to give back, but I’m still too weak to do a lot of work. One of the things I CAN do is instruct, so last night was the first of many crew leader training sessions at Allaire. Three people came to listen to an old mans rhetoric on the finer points of trail work. They caught on fast and it made me feel so good to be able to do that again. There are times when being off the bike in the woods can be as rewarding as being on it. Today I feel a little more spring in my step thanks to @mike_243 , @Matt, Chris, and Joe!
View attachment 164896View attachment 164897View attachment 164898View attachment 164899
Is enrollment still open and if so what are the dates? Work time constraints have relaxed a little so I 'may' be able to drive down there...

Great to know you're prowling the trails...

Top Bottom