A Wookies return.....

Frank

Sasquatch
More fun today....and it was 55 degrees. Sadly it was another semi road ride but it's better than nothing. It was all good until I got home and found the.Mrs quite upset over the letter from my insurance company. Seems as I am being dropped after 6 months and will have to get COBRA. My coverage ends Feb 28th, I return to work March 1st. I hope a phone call can help this situation but from what I've heard from other employees....they suck.to deal with. So I will have to wait for my follow up CT scan...terrific.
Screenshot_20210224-175030_Strava.jpg
IMG_20210224_174731_552.jpg

I just hope I'm not on the phone all day tomorrow, I have more riding to do.

serviceguy

More fun today....and it was 55 degrees. Sadly it was another semi road ride but it's better than nothing. It was all good until I got home and found the.Mrs quite upset over the letter from my insurance company. Seems as I am being dropped after 6 months and will have to get COBRA. My coverage ends Feb 28th, I return to work March 1st. I hope a phone call can help this situation but from what I've heard from other employees....they suck.to deal with. So I will have to wait for my follow up CT scan...terrific. View attachment 152493View attachment 152494
I just hope I'm not on the phone all day tomorrow, I have more riding to do.
It really sucks that after all you have been through you also have to deal with the bureaucratosauruses, them nasty! I’m sure you’ll sort this out.

Frank

Sasquatch
Sooooo, it feels like forever since I've ridden my bike. I returned to work earlier this week and it's been hectic to say the least. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, but it's been good so far. I missed my coworkers and from the way I've been greeted, they missed me as well. Calling vendors and customers to make sure the transition in management goes smoothly was kind of nice as well.. .had to explain my situation too many times, but it's all good. One of the first things i did was resolve my health ins.,which was as easy as an email and I was reinstated with no lapse in coverage phew! Now it's back to my new normal....I do miss sleeping in and spending a lot of time with my wife and the pups, but I need to be a grownup again.

20210301_090033.jpg

Frank

Sasquatch
Good seeing you today @Frank
Great running into you and your team @Mountain Bike Mike today, seeing the next generation of Mtb’ers is pretty damn cool. I also had the pleasure of repeatedly crossing paths with @Mildly Wild and Rich (don’t know if he’s on this board).....so good for my soul to be back out in the woods. It’s funny, so many say that it’s good to see me, and I reply it’s good to be seen.....for a while I wasn’t sure that would happen. On Saturday I met Karen tin tin (sp) and some other dudes, just got a great vibe. The highlight was bearhugging @ArmyOfNone in the parking lot....always good to see him and he was one of many who would text me while I during chemo sessions....forever grateful to everyone who helped me through those times....seems so long ago.
So I had Fun riding this weekend except the cold has a negative effect on me still, can’t wait until it warms up a bit, and for daylight savings time to end...I wanna ride after work. I am also chomping at the bit to get back into trail maintenance this year, I will just have to pace myself a bit as I don’t have much upper body strength as I spent it all on hugging Fred. 🤓
1476FF99-D924-4A40-848A-3179AC07A5E5.jpeg

Last edited:

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great to read this! Looks like the universe is listening as some warmer temps hitting this week, I think I saw mid 60s for a few days. Also, next week clocks switch so evening ride time should begin to shape up!

Frank

Sasquatch
Total chemo brain moment.....I left my heated gloves in the tire bucket of my Thule rack and realized it when I pulled in my driveway. I was so mad and was going to retrace my steps to try and find them, but decided to get out and look instead. I couldn’t believe they were still there, got luck with that one.

serviceguy

Total chemo brain moment.....I left my heated gloves in the tire bucket of my Thule rack and realized it when I pulled in my driveway. I was so mad and was going to retrace my steps to try and find them, but decided to get out and look instead. I couldn’t believe they were still there, got luck with that one.
Eh, that happens to me pretty much 50% of the times I move any object from A to B, for whatever reason it always ends up in C. I usually get a tiny little high from finding something I deemed lost, low expectations I guess.

I want to ride down south sometime soon, maybe pay respect to the @Mitch memorial at Allaire...

Frank

Sasquatch
Well, I survived another week of work and decided to get out today for a ride. I got to Allaire at around 3 pm and the road, lot, and every piece of grass had a car on it.....amazing. I decided to try the lot just for giggles and to my surprise, someone left as I rounded the corner.....score!!! So I headed out for my ride and saw some familiar faces, first was Ken M., can’t remember if he is on the board or not. I saw he was riding with some kids....lots of them out there. One minor note to all coaches out there, teach the kids trail etiquette please. A group I ran across had the lot blocked so cars couldn’t pass and the trail when I came across them. They should know the challenges we had faced in the past and some trail manners would go a long way.
Further along I ran into two familiar guys, dang it I forgot to ask for the beer @jdgang and @Reggie. Great chatting with you gents. The rest of my ride was relatively calm until I was about 200 ft from the lot.....a stick the thickness of a pencil decided to pierce my Minion and I had a short walk of shame to the lot. ☹️. I guess I can consider myself lucky that it wasn’t the front tire that lost its life, so there was no crash involved. Overall, it was s a good day!
52EAB633-94CD-4C74-98C5-A66F03F38D4D.jpeg

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, I survived another week of work and decided to get out today for a ride. I got to Allaire at around 3 pm and the road, lot, and every piece of grass had a car on it.....amazing. I decided to try the lot just for giggles and to my surprise, someone left as I rounded the corner.....score!!! So I headed out for my ride and saw some familiar faces, first was Ken M., can’t remember if he is on the board or not. I saw he was riding with some kids....lots of them out there. One minor note to all coaches out there, teach the kids trail etiquette please. A group I ran across had the lot blocked so cars couldn’t pass and the trail when I came across them. They should know the challenges we had faced in the past and some trail manners would go a long way.
Further along I ran into two familiar guys, dang it I forgot to ask for the beer @jdgang and @Reggie. Great chatting with you gents. The rest of my ride was relatively calm until I was about 200 ft from the lot.....a stick the thickness of a pencil decided to pierce my Minion and I had a short walk of shame to the lot. ☹️. I guess I can consider myself lucky that it wasn’t the front tire that lost its life, so there was no crash involved. Overall, it was s a good day!
View attachment 153719
Nhu? Smh. :*)

jdgang

View attachment 153719
It was our pleasure. Glad to see you out riding. As @Reggie it really was a last minute decision to come down. One day we will give you the heads up ;)

Frank

Sasquatch
What a fun day I had today....first I arrived at Allaire at 3 which must be the magic hour because I found a spot even though the street was packed with parked cars. @Matt and JT showed up at the same time so we went out for a warmup before Matt and JT split off to do a NICA ride.....I was happy they rode with me but I pushed a little hard and I was feeling it in my knee. I was really on the happy side that my heart was pumping considering my recent history. Once they broke off I tooled around a bit and ended up getting attacked by MOTHRA.

0809545E-54DD-4738-92D5-10D63C1A85C9.jpeg

After my near death experience I hung out in the lot for a bit with an old friend. A little bit later my wife calls to tell me about the fire on the parkway....which was a mile or two from home as the crow flies. I tried to rush home, but traffic was nuts and it took an hour. Happily for me the nasty winds were blowing the fire away from me, but a little worried for mom-in-law who lives in Leisure Village which is a little west of the fire. Very scary evening.

2E71FC78-9B88-4580-AFF0-98A22DBAB087.png

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a fun day I had today....first I arrived at Allaire at 3 which must be the magic hour because I found a spot even though the street was packed with parked cars. @Matt and JT showed up at the same time so we went out for a warmup before Matt and JT split off to do a NICA ride.....I was happy they rode with me but I pushed a little hard and I was feeling it in my knee. I was really on the happy side that my heart was pumping considering my recent history. Once they broke off I tooled around a bit and ended up getting attacked by MOTHRA.

View attachment 153819

After my near death experience I hung out in the lot for a bit with an old friend. A little bit later my wife calls to tell me about the fire on the parkway....which was a mile or two from home as the crow flies. I tried to rush home, but traffic was nuts and it took an hour. Happily for me the nasty winds were blowing the fire away from me, but a little worried for mom-in-law who lives in Leisure Village which is a little west of the fire. Very scary evening.

View attachment 153820
So exciting that Brick Township!

ekuhn

The extreme wind on Sunday and the recent dryness did not help at all. One spark changes it all. Multiple alarm and multi agencies working to get it put out.
51jEJpInOSL._AC_.jpg

Frank

Sasquatch
I thought I would update you all, it’s been a while since I posted anything...I’m feeling better every day! Yes, I am still hampered by this annoying neuropathy which has me at a slight disadvantage......I have a nasty habit of dropping my coffee mugs 🤬. On the plus side, since day light savings time ended I’ve been able to get some rides in after work. Yesterday I had a real fun ride and was able to get past 10 miles and an almost 8 mile average...huge for me, so quit laughing 😏. I feel it today, but I have energy now which is a big improvement. My weight has remained the same, my strength is increasing....I’m happy and doing well.

Top Bottom