A Wookies return.....

So…..this morning I went to the lab to get some maintenance done. My BP and weight are good and the nurses seemed genuinely happy to see me. Getting my port flushed was the only thing I didn’t care for, it’s a big hook shaped needle they stick in me and then flush it out to prevent infection and clotting. Ouch, but it was relatively quick and. Was out after only a half hour…..good for another 3 thousand miles until my next oil change!
While I was there the nurse who worked me my first day, and who probably saved my life when I had the reaction, worked on me today. I told her it’s been a year since I started chemo, and she stopped, thought, and replied at how well I have done. Of course, “keep it up” is what came out next. Lol But everything is progressing nicely which makes me happy!!

So…..this morning I went to the lab to get some maintenance done. My BP and weight are good and the nurses seemed genuinely happy to see me. Getting my port flushed was the only thing I didn’t care for, it’s a big hook shaped needle they stick in me and then flush it out to prevent infection and clotting. Ouch, but it was relatively quick and. Was out after only a half hour…..good for another 3 thousand miles until my next oil change!
While I was there the nurse who worked me my first day, and who probably saved my life when I had the reaction, worked on me today. I told her it’s been a year since I started chemo, and she stopped, thought, and replied at how well I have done. Of course, “keep it up” is what came out next. Lol But everything is progressing nicely which makes me happy!!
So happy for you!

Sooooo, I started feeling poorly which I thought was a cold. 103 fever, nagging cough and weakness that left me sleeping a great deal. I contacted my primary about it and he prescribed some bs antibiotics which did nothing. I contacted him a again for and office visit but because I had a cough it had to be a telemedicine visit. After my 2 weeks off were up, I went back to work and was sent home after two hours because I was not able to function correctly. When I got home my wife insisted I call my oncologist.
My oncologist got me in within a few hours and brought me some news, bad news. In May my cancer markers were at 84, they were now over 11,000…….my cancer came back with a vengeance. So now I must repeat the 13 weeks of chemicals and endure this all over again. I also think they may have upped the dosage as I feel so much worse from the chemo than I did before . Hopefully all this pays off in the end because this is hard, side effects suck.

I wrote this tonight because I have really not felt like dealing with social media so I have been relatively off the grid as far as that is concerned with the exception of my post from day 1 chemo.

In my head I’ve got all these words spinning around… yet everything I try to type comes out like a bunch of friggen platitudes. F#ck that. 13 weeks gets us, more or less, till the end of March. Figure in another two weeks for “extra rounds“ cuz that seems to be a thing.… and let’s say six weeks to build back strength. That leaves My birthday, first Thursday in June, as a perfect day to schedule a ride. We can firm up the meetup time later. Love you brother.

Back
Top Bottom