Shop Keep
Last edited:

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
tribute to your hard work, and an honor to host!!!!

looking forward to this.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
This is great! I always wanted to make a ST kind of course over that way to hammer out at a million miles an hour, make sure the kids burn it in!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Maybe I should start another thread, but will the NICA success allow for races at these venues? I see Mercer is having a race as well. I think of the logistics of this and the fragile land agreements, but is the fact that the NICA races are for kids and the regular, say, h2h races are for adults, cause the land owners to not want to hold events?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Maybe I should start another thread, but will the NICA success allow for races at these venues? I see Mercer is having a race as well. I think of the logistics of this and the fragile land agreements, but is the fact that the NICA races are for kids and the regular, say, h2h races are for adults, cause the land owners to not want to hold events?

I can't speak for the other parks, but 6mr is fine for other events. Not sure that we will have another race of any kind here.

In this particular case NICA is stepping us with a powerful operation. I am not sure that anyone else would work this hard.

This course is really tame, crosses no roads and is pretty spectator friendly.

I have way more energy for kids racing than adults. I think we can make a difference as kids are blank canvases for this kind of stuff.

Watching the NICA propaganda videos, you can quickly see how far off the back we are in NJ.

My daughter will be of age to race NICA in 6 years. I wanted to do my part to make sure we are good and ready.

AL.

Does more trail maintenance than you, without a he
What is the youngest age they have to be to race?I have a friend with a 9 year old that loves 6 mile.

JDurk

SJ NICA race will be held at the same location as the MASS race, D&Q Summer Sizzler, just a shorter loop.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

I don't think a lot of the NICA venues have enough trail to host an adult length race.

jdog

Shop Keep
I started cutting in the field sections today.

Someone ride this loop already!

Attachments

• IMG_4706.JPG
    IMG_4706.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4703.JPG
    IMG_4703.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 277

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
uda man.

i'll get out there when it freezes up. see ya tomorrow night at the shop.

jdog

Shop Keep
IMG_4715.JPG
My daughter and I put in a few more hours today clearing out all the face slappers on the infield sections.

Conditions are slick as shit, even walking is treacherous.

A good hard freeze for the next few days should make for some fast and fun rides albeit with some seriously shitty frozen ruts.

DownhillR3

Wish this was around when I was in Highschool. We had 4 HS kids compete at the H2H State NJ XC Championships back in 2008.

JoeLee

When I download the .gpx file for the 6M courses Strava will not upload them for lack of time stamps ... any ideas anyone?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions