6 Miles Has a Bear

I think this thread jumped the shark at post 1.

Perhaps the moment the bear shit on the ground, he turned and looked at it and gave the Fonzie 1 thumbs up, hopped on a motorcycle, and the rest is history.

No no! Ill be looking for a chance to do this...
Anchorman-Ferrell_l.jpg

I love lamp!

Holy crap!

Not bear crap, this time...

A bear (or more precisely evidence of a bear) is found in the woods, in New Jersey, and it has generated 72 posts, including this one :hmmm:

I guess winter has officially arrived :D

bear procedure

I stopped reading the post at thread 6..but seriously wondering when riding if you really see a bear what should you do. Blow a super loud whistle, bring a weapon, ride like hell but it would chase you..what..? I'm thinking outloud...no freak out hear..:cry:

Last edited:
I stopped reading the post at thread 6..but seriously wondering when riding if you really see a bear what should you do. Blow a super loud whistle, bring a weapon, ride like hell but it would chase you..what..? I'm thinking outloud...no freak out hear..:cry:

it's always good to ride with someone slower than you and give them all the food to carry

seriously, they are more scared of you and 99.9% of the time they will run away if you make some noise - whistling loud works well or a bear bell or just start yelling at the bear all your life frustrations.. if they don't move, slowly back away in a different direction. Don't run, fight if the bear aggressively in the .001% chance it attacks you. If you have to run, drop your camelbak or something, they may stop to examine it.

http://www.runtheplanet.com/trainingracing/safety/blackbearsafe.asp

there's lots of bears in NJ parks .. and I've seen my share .. almost no one here seems to care riding with them.

Last edited:
bear safe go fast

thanks Soundz.. Im usually the follower (or as you say slower rider:hmmm:)nice to know what my job is on the trail....:D

The strongest reaction I've ever seen from a bear was a sow with two cubs at JH who picked her head up for a moment from about 40 yds. away, saw that we were just some harmless mountain bikers and then proceeded to continue eating some berries. They couldn't care less.

:popcorn:

joke about berries

Heh,

What kind of berries make you smarter?
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Li-berries.....:D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions