6 Mile Run Conditions

dvaidya

The trail condition and weather were perfect today. Enjoyed the ride from blue to bit of red and white loop. Was struggling when we got to Jacques Lane so decided to ride on the road back to Canal lot.

Kudos to everyone who put in a lot of effort to maintain the trails 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

CNJRider

Joker
Foggiest I've ever seen 6MR early this am. Just starting to burn off so expect it to clear completely as the day heats up. Conditions are dry with a sheen of tacky moisture due to said fog. Was like riding through a cloud at times.

Misty pics from about 730:

Jacques lot.
20211003_074017.jpg

20211003_074029.jpg

New bridge on white looking snazzy.

20211003_074550.jpg

CNJRider

Joker
The red/white loop from Jacques has turned into my favorite for a quick 30 minute ride. I am also using that as teaching ground on how to handle the bike better.
Yeah that's a good one. I did white to blue to red today for a quick ride. Red extension to Canal Rd is my favorite parts. Lots of up and down, like a rollercoaster.

Speaking of which there is a tree down there. It looked over bottom bracket height so I took the go-around trail that bypasses that section. Coming up hill, I think it would be difficult if not impossible to clear.

Looking toward the Canal side.

20211003_084737.jpg

Here it is on a map.
20211003_093003.jpg

ekuhn

Rode last night on the canal side and it was surprisingly dusty. Today's moisture should make it primo!

I got a few spots to go out and trim, just gotta find some time.

JonF

6M is so getting sendy these days!

I was -><- close to Evil Keneval'ing the river gorge but decided i'd rather live to ride another day. Please tell the ramp builder a little more elevation and a landing not filled with instant death and i might consider it.

IMG_20211002_121435.jpg

Deamon59

Are there any bridges out on blue? Thanks to everyone for all the TM! The repaired bridges and trimmed back sections on the 27 side are awesome!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Are there any bridges out on blue? Thanks to everyone for all the TM! The repaired bridges and trimmed back sections on the 27 side are awesome!

blackwells mills bridge is still out - detour onto road and back to trail.

Citytrikeguy

9700AB37-F021-48FF-9117-6C09B5C9B969.jpeg
I rode from soccer field to the top of white and back via the orange trail this morning. There’s about a dozen puddles most are small and none longer than half a bike length. A couple of turns are greasy here and there. The rest is damp and firm. Bike was mostly clean before the ride.

TAS

Jdog, Love those hand guards! Seems like I get thorn ripped on the arms or hands whenever we run the hog at Mercer...even with gloves on. It only takes one little wiggle the wrong way and gotcha!

And for those that have never had the experience of running the "hog".... Looks easy eh? Think of it as an upper body workout while jogging. Get into a tight, twisty, uneven section with black thorn, few logs or stumps thrown in and it's like wrestling with a hydrostatic powered beast. Love it!

TAS

Last edited:

dvaidya

Went riding today. The red/white trail from Jacques was in good condition.

There is a tree on white closer to red that might need removing. It was there the last couple of times that I rode through it but today I had to duck under it and I am short compared some of the riders that I saw on the trail today.

Attachments

• 2F20BD1C-F6D2-4E32-BFDF-D8822DC2709F.jpeg
    2F20BD1C-F6D2-4E32-BFDF-D8822DC2709F.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 87

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions