6 Mile Run Conditions

Deamon59

Trail and weather conditions were great today but unfortunately had to cut my ride from the 27 lot short after being stung 3 times by at least 1 wasp (i assume it was a wasp) in orange not too far from where it reconnects with red (coming from 27 lot). My first time being stung (i believe) by a wasp/bee and thankfully no allergic reaction from what i can tell. Just sucks because it hurts and had to cut my ride short. I stopped on the trail to adjust my shoe's boa fit, didn't even touch anything on the trail if i recall correctly, and out of nowhere i got stung... i think it got me 1st on the back of my head, then my arm, then my thigh.

ekuhn

I took a ride Sunday and the park is in great shape minus the two bridges. There are some small odd washout sections that can be easily addressed. I cleared one tree, but there are two more that need some chainsaw work at some point. I believe they were addressed earlier in the thread.

The two crossings bank to bank are 24ft on the NICA loop and 28ft at Blackwells - abutment to abutment - transitions extra. We can def reuse some of the lumber on the NICA bridge.

The other spot is the second valley on Canal Red. The 48" pipe is gone. We have one section left, just gotta get it in place - or build a bridge!

Gotta talk to @jdog to see what the master plan is.

snashters

The other spot is the second valley on Canal Red. The 48" pipe is gone. We have one section left, just gotta get it in place - or build a bridge!

Gotta talk to @jdog to see what the master plan is.
I can’t picture what the second valley looks like atm, but an option might be to reroute following the contours of the valley.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I can’t picture what the second valley looks like atm, but an option might be to reroute following the contours of the valley.

And eliminate the risk of falling off into the river? ;)

I do need to take a look.

ekuhn

The first one heading towards canal I always feel like I'm riding over a cliff. The second one not so much. 3rd one is easy clear.
Tree down on the 4th (right side) one by the fenced in area that also has a round about bypass to the left. Pictures below of the 2nd.

Curious to where the pipe ended up.

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5381.jpeg

dvaidya

Rode the same section again today as I did on Sunday, except I did not go all the way to Middlebush today, just made the red/white loop. I might try blue tomorrow evening before rain Thursday/Friday.

RideOnTime

Heads up and be careful- on the canal side of red trail where the two rainbow bridges and nica bridge are/were- someone has laid the side railing of the nica bridge across the stream. The boards have screws pointing up out of them and could easily puncture a tire or foot if you’re not looking. Honestly it was easier crossing the small stream without these boards/screws in the way.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Heads up and be careful- on the canal side of red trail where the two rainbow bridges and nica bridge are/were- someone has laid the side railing of the nica bridge across the stream. The boards have screws pointing up out of them and could easily puncture a tire or foot if you’re not looking. Honestly it was easier crossing the small stream without these boards/screws in the way.
For sure. I need to get out there and make some big moves. We are still busy in the shop but oct is looking up.

Patrick

Staff member

Thanks - i think i need to do an audit tomorrow.

Combo of temporary vs more permanent fixes.

DRpoolittle

Trail and weather conditions were great today but unfortunately had to cut my ride from the 27 lot short after being stung 3 times by at least 1 wasp (i assume it was a wasp) in orange not too far from where it reconnects with red (coming from 27 lot). My first time being stung (i believe) by a wasp/bee and thankfully no allergic reaction from what i can tell. Just sucks because it hurts and had to cut my ride short. I stopped on the trail to adjust my shoe's boa fit, didn't even touch anything on the trail if i recall correctly, and out of nowhere i got stung... i think it got me 1st on the back of my head, then my arm, then my thigh.
I was there Saturday and heard group being attacked by wasps or hornets in that same spot, right by the downed tree on red. I guess we just need to ride faster there now...

dvaidya

I was there Saturday and heard group being attacked by wasps or hornets in that same spot, right by the downed tree on red. I guess we just need to ride faster there now...
Was that before Middlebush or after? There was a family on Sunday in Jacques Lane parking lot that they had similar issues but I was not sure about if they got stung on White or Red from Jacques Lane.

DRpoolittle

Was that before Middlebush or after? There was a family on Sunday in Jacques Lane parking lot that they had similar issues but I was not sure about if they got stung on White or Red from Jacques Lane.
It was on red right after the Red/Orange split coming from the 27 lot. I guess it wasn't the same spot as you but it wasn't too far

Patrick

Staff member
It was on red right after the Red/Orange split coming from the 27 lot. I guess it wasn't the same spot as you but it wasn't too far

posted back here -

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Given Thursday nights rains, is 6 mile rideable? Don't really know how it was before the rain.
About five more puddles than usual but otherwise great. Tree down on blue on the canal side and on forbidden red. I’ll try to get to them. Also someone lost a walkie talkie. Sitting on blue right by the downed tree.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions