6 Mile Run Conditions

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Jdog, Love those hand guards! Seems like I get thorn ripped on the arms or hands whenever we run the hog at Mercer...even with gloves on. It only takes one little wiggle the wrong way and gotcha!

And for those that have never had the experience of running the "hog".... Looks easy eh? Think of it as an upper body workout while jogging. Get into a tight, twisty, uneven section with black thorn, few logs or stumps thrown in and it's like wrestling with a hydrostatic powered beast. Love it!

TAS
These worked great

Amazon product

I drilled holes in these and zip tied them on. They may a huge difference. I threw them on as a joke, but I'll never go w/o them again.

You are right that this machine is a workout.

jklett

Great conditions, a few new "features" where there used to be bridges and some trees in odd spots but overall outstanding. I think this was the first time I've been back since like June and the work to repair from the storm(and the general TM as always) is apparent and much appreciated.

dvaidya

The trail is in great condition. There is a bush at the start of red from Jacques Lane that could use trimming and pushed back. It’s on the right trail that splits off. Right now folks are going to the right side in the grass.

CNJRider

Joker
The trail is in great condition. There is a bush at the start of red from Jacques Lane that could use trimming and pushed back. It’s on the right trail that splits off. Right now folks are going to the right side in the grass.
Good to know. Will be there with a friend tomorrow at 10am.

snashters

The bush has been trimmed.
The 27 side was nice and grippy this evening.
There's a log across the trail near S Middlebush. It's a little awkward to ride because it's on a turn, but easy to step over. Too big for my saw.

RideOnTime

The bush has been trimmed.
The 27 side was nice and grippy this evening.
There's a log across the trail near S Middlebush. It's a little awkward to ride because it's on a turn, but easy to step over. Too big for my saw.
Is that the one covered in poison ivy? Great conditions but I scrubbed good after hopping over a down tree on 27 side red covered in poison ivy.
Also beautiful mushrooms out there:

Attachments

• 38A75C63-7241-4E8A-908A-AA2F75C7BEBB.jpeg
    38A75C63-7241-4E8A-908A-AA2F75C7BEBB.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 789EA182-3075-488C-AF07-72614FDFC860.jpeg
    789EA182-3075-488C-AF07-72614FDFC860.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 88
  • 828AD88B-13DB-4296-92F3-133A5CEE0DBE.jpeg
    828AD88B-13DB-4296-92F3-133A5CEE0DBE.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 535AD29B-2342-4D5C-9715-F00E2644B6CE.jpeg
    535AD29B-2342-4D5C-9715-F00E2644B6CE.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 94

CNJRider

Joker
Conditions were superb today as others reported. Glad I got a ride in before this evening’s rain. Also encountered the log on red.

Saw two FS e-bikes today too. Nothing against them or their owners but, of all places, seemed like overkill for a place as smooth and contained as six mile.

Bikeworks

Did it actually end up raining tonight? Clear all day here on Staten Island, thinking about hitting 6MR tomorrow

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions