6 Mile Run Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
valid question. what is the notification chain for "further notice"? I'm thinking the State ain't making an assessment erry morning, even if they were who they tellin?

I'm thinkin' head over to the rt27 lot tomorrow and see for myself. I got your assessment right here.
Worst case I will tread down some of those massive ruts with my skinny tires.
But the park is still closed, correct?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The plan is to eventually crowd source it - perhaps with a few people being able to over-ride the report if it gets stale.

1582929864587.png

mtn

My opinion is that the “too muddy” sign should be taken down and the park should post a flyer saying something like ‘Area closed due to emergency conditions’ along with whatever statute allows them to close the trail due to such.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I went for a road ride yesterday and stopped by the Canal Road lot to use the porta-john. The lot was full. Interestingly, there was only 1 bike rack in the lot and the bike was still on the car. The owner was checking out the trail map and we ended up chatting for a few minutes. Turns out it was his first time there. He told me he actually walked out on blue for a bit and that it was seemingly dry. He was wondering if the "too muddy" signs were legit. I explained that they were. He had a really good attitude and actually got back in his car and left.

When I was leaving the lot I did see several, what I will describe as non-cyclists (no helmets, sneakers, old poorly maintained bikes) trying to figure out where the trailhead was. This "user group" truly has no clue. With everything being shut down due to the Coronavirus outbreak people are coming outside. Every park I rode past or through yesterday was packed. I haven't seen so many people enjoying the outdoors in a long time.

TLDR:
It seems that hikers don't think the trail closure applies to them.
"Cyclists" seem to be staying away.
Coronavirus has driven the masses into the outdoors which may be the silver lining of the whole thing.

iman29

Ok so I am not sure if the parks department relaxed the closure due to everyone coming outside and Coronavirus , but just checking is this still closed ?

My question is prompted by seeing some
Friends post rides and when I asked if they knew it was closed , they only saw “don’t ride muddy trails” and assumed it was OK.

Not trying to stir anything up and since I know these folks very well it was completely innocent since I know he’s a good dude and his kids like to ride. Just checking in and providing some feedback that unless the signs say “closed” or it’s enforced as such some folks can make the conclusion/interpretation that since it’s not muddy right now In this moment that’s it’s ok to ride.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Ok so I am not sure if the parks department relaxed the closure due to everyone coming outside and Coronavirus , but just checking is this still closed ?

My question is prompted by seeing some
Friends post rides and when I asked if they knew it was closed , they only saw “don’t ride muddy trails” and assumed it was OK.

Not trying to stir anything up and since I know these folks very well it was completely innocent since I know he’s a good dude and his kids like to ride. Just checking in and providing some feedback that unless the signs say “closed” or it’s enforced as such some folks can make the conclusion/interpretation that since it’s not muddy right now In this moment that’s it’s ok to ride.

The "TOO MUDDY" and "CLOSED" signs along with caution tape were still up yesterday afternoon when I rode by on my road bike.

There are a lot of people coming out to the parks that don't normally come out due to the widespread closures of pretty much everything else.

Edited to add:

I agree that the signs and caution tape look like a joke. They don't look like official signage or anything enforceable at all. I almost can't blame people for not taking them seriously.

ilnadi

Just finished a short reroute on the red/27 side which should be the end of the mud pit on the gas line.
sooo, rain...
how did 6MR fare?
trying to see if we can squeeze in a ride tomorrow before it all goes soggy-like again.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions