6 Mile Run Conditions

The GMBN videos (or really - any video of mtn bike riding in the UK during Winter) don't help. But the UK seems to have a different mindset and culture. Sort of based on the idea of, "If we didn't ride when the trails were wet, we would never ride at all," since it's typically wetter over there than here.

I have definitely raced in some pretty horrific conditions, but it was usually when racing DH on private property (ski resorts). I do remember one of the first mtn bike races I ever did was at some orchard or tree farm in PA that was actually a cross-race that decided to allow mtn bikes. It was horrifically muddy and the course was barely rideable in spots.

If there is a tent at the Canal Road lot, I'd recommend setting it to block the access to the trails. Hopefully that would get the message through to a few. Hopefully. While I will be home this weekend, I'm not sure I can make up to 6MR with all of the chores I need to do (and maybe getting a ride in).

I can give a couple hours here and there but besides telling people that the closed signs mean closed, what can we do? If these asshats have no problem going around the chains and telling the park superintendent off, what do you think they'll do when we tell them no? Don't get me wrong, I'll still do it but I don't have high hopes that it'll make any difference.

Shit on their cars

Any idea if we can ride there early in the morning when it's still frozen?

the place is so bombed out with frozen ruts that it won’t be much fun. Kinda like riding on volcanic rocks. This may however make the long travel bikes I see all the time at 6mr worth having.

keep in mind that the park is officially closed and you may be risking a summons.

the place is so bombed out with frozen ruts that it won’t be much fun. Kinda like riding on volcanic rocks. This may however make the long travel bikes I see all the time at 6mr worth having.

keep in mind that the park is officially closed and you may be risking a summons.
Allaire it is. Thanks

Just a heads up.. Rather than be a hero and try to engage with anyone out there crossing the closed trial signs:

The park police dispatch number is 1-877-927-6337 (WARN DEP)

they can afford to be reactive (choose to be) but not preemptive, when they know there is a problem.
This will be the last rant - going into positive problem solving mode now.

Who has a drone with a loud speaker?

they can afford to be reactive (choose to be) but not preemptive, when they know there is a problem.
This will be the last rant - going into positive problem solving mode now.

Who has a drone with a loud speaker?

Just yell something offensive like pa drivers deserve to be in the left lane

But who manages the flags? You will ping Jdog every morning?

valid question. what is the notification chain for "further notice"? I'm thinking the State ain't making an assessment erry morning, even if they were who they tellin?

I'm thinkin' head over to the rt27 lot tomorrow and see for myself. I got your assessment right here.
Worst case I will tread down some of those massive ruts with my skinny tires.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions