6 Mile Run Conditions

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
6 mile is cool and all, but there are so many other great places to ride in Jersey.
For sure. The funny thing is that I only really ride here lately with my daughter yet spend a ton of time working on these trails. Lately i've been riding stephens and allamuchy north when I can.

I think the appeal to 6mr is that it's accessible to everyone.

JonF

I rode there this morning--conditions were not good. at least a dozen full width mud holes or all out puddles with no go around. Countless little mud potholes but can easily ride the edge to avoid. That said, most trails were dry and hard packed outside of the specific spots of mud, however, some trails were still rather greasy. Nica loop was worse-- greasy single track under the trees and the field was draining onto the wide downhill straight trail turning it into a small creek.

Trails weren't that packed though, mostly walkers based on trail encounters and lack of bike racks in the lots. Canal lot was full, but not overflowing out back. Jacques was kinda full and 27 was a ghost town.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I rode there this morning--conditions were not good. at least a dozen full width mud holes or all out puddles with no go around. Countless little mud potholes but can easily ride the edge to avoid. That said, most trails were dry and hard packed outside of the specific spots of mud, however, some trails were still rather greasy. Nica loop was worse-- greasy single track under the trees and the field was draining onto the wide downhill straight trail turning it into a small creek.

Trails weren't that packed though, mostly walkers based on trail encounters and lack of bike racks in the lots. Canal lot was full, but not overflowing out back. Jacques was kinda full and 27 was a ghost town.

Thanks Jonf, I think a lot of people think it’s still closed. The bummer is that I’d normally be out there fixing those mud holes, but for the near term I’m sitting home with my family and staying away from the zombies.

02camaro

Conditions are good. Rode all the trails a few puddles but nothing serious. The concrete bridge is under water for about 4-5ft but you can ride through. There was also a tree down approach the red/orange merge from the 27 lot

Attachments

• 20200322_115153.jpg
    20200322_115153.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 89

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Conditions are good. Rode all the trails a few puddles but nothing serious. The concrete bridge is under water for about 4-5ft but you can ride through. There was also a tree down approach the red/orange merge from the 27 lot

sounds like a downstream clog......
are the tubes under the bridge clear?

JonF

sounds like a downstream clog......
are the tubes under the bridge clear?
The field by the Nica loop was draining pretty heavily down the straight section of Red that goes north from the Jacques ln lot. The "rut" in the grass that is the trail was a water luge. In retrospect, after the rain this week, I imagine all the soil is draining down into the watershed about now hence the elevated river level.

02camaro

@Patrick i tried to update conditions on trail forks this morning from my ride yesterday to reflect the wet conditions that would be there today and tomorrow, but they dont show up. do conditions need approval before the widget updates?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick i tried to update conditions on trail forks this morning from my ride yesterday to reflect the wet conditions that would be there today and tomorrow, but they dont show up. do conditions need approval before the widget updates?

I haven't gotten in there yet to learn the ropes.
I've only seen approval requests to add/update the gps track for trails, not the actual conditions.

@Bleeder - ideas?

Bleeder

JORBA:President

Are you Sptimmy43 (Tim Meyer) on TF?

Either way there is a difference between trail conditions and status. Prevalent mud condition doesn't automatically change the status. So you should change that as well. Make the judgement call yourself. If you think it should be closed and not ridden, mark it so.

02camaro

I just updated to caution
Are you Sptimmy43 (Tim Meyer) on TF?

Either way there is a difference between trail conditions and status. Prevalent mud condition doesn't automatically change the status. So you should change that as well. Make the judgement call yourself. If you think it should be closed and not ridden, mark it so.
my trailforks handle is 02camaro. they sure dont make this easy to update conditions. its confusing and clumsy at best. maybe its just me and i dont know what im doing yet

widget still shows all trails green and when you click on the trail it shows status as ideal/open

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions