27 Miles at Moab

J-Dro

Here is a video clip that I put together from my trip to Fruita & Moab last week. This vid is from a single 27 mile ride at Moab through several climate zones, starting at over 10,000 feet above sea level. We shuttled to the top Keyber Pass in Moonlight Meadow, then down through the fast sniggle at Hazzard County, over Kokopelli, and down the Porcupine Rim. An absolutely incredible experience.

http://blip.tv/file/1288908

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6809859

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Wow, I'm jealous you got to shuttle to the top. I tried to get a shuttle while I was out there in June, but none of the 4 shuttle companies would do it for only one rider, so I had to do it as a loop from town all on my own. 3.5 hours climbing up Sand Flats Road to the top of LPS, and 32+ miles round trip.

The higher elevation stuff looks great. 6500 feet of descending is just epic.

J-Dro

Wow, I'm jealous you got to shuttle to the top. I tried to get a shuttle while I was out there in June, but none of the 4 shuttle companies would do it for only one rider, so I had to do it as a loop from town all on my own. 3.5 hours climbing up Sand Flats Road to the top of LPS, and 32+ miles round trip.

The higher elevation stuff looks great. 6500 feet of descending is just epic.

There were 6 of us on this trip, so we rented 2 Dodge Ram trucks and were able to squeeze all 6 of us plus 6 bikes & gear in 1 truck for shuttling. That climb would have killed me. We stayed in Grand Junction, so this was just a day trip to Moab for us.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Good stuff Jeffer!!

Looks like the Knee is coming along nicely.

Good song choice there too.

J-

MST.ESQ

Now I know I am afraid of heights... I was nervous just watching it. Sweet trip. We are all quite jealous.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
best word for this is "stunning" i cant get over how amazing that looked. i must do that one day. on another note, what kind of cam are you using? the footage is top notch! AND what band is that in the background?

J-Dro

best word for this is "stunning" i cant get over how amazing that looked. i must do that one day. on another note, what kind of cam are you using? the footage is top notch! AND what band is that in the background?

Thanks for all the compliments. It was a blast riding it and fun editing too.

My friend Montclairbobbyb, who posts here occasionally, shot all the footage using a Canon SD1100IS digital camera. Canon has the best image stabilization for a point and shoot camera IMHO. Some of that terrain had us bouncing all over the place, but you can hardly tell because the camera did such a good job cleaning it up. The Canon shoots video straight to an SD memory card. He mounted it to his helmet using this velcro strap tripod mount:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Flip-Action-Mount-AAM1N/sem/rpsm/oid/213667/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

The song is called 'Lazy Eye' by a band called Silversun Pickups. I HIGHLY recommend their CD Carnavas.

Top Bottom