21-22 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc

Anyone ever get a speeding ticket on 87 in NYS? I did and can't figure out how to pay or even see the penalty...

Seems odd I can't pay online but i've searched for an hour.
David Ticket Marinucci 518-869-2152 or 518-391-5105. I got a ticket for 98 a little north of Albany, he took care of everything. I got a parking ticket.

kidzach

Anyone ever get a speeding ticket on 87 in NYS? I did and can't figure out how to pay or even see the penalty...

Seems odd I can't pay online but i've searched for an hour.
I've received a few in Queensbury and Ft. Anne. Pretty sure I remember signing ticket as an admission of guilt and sending it in. Then they send you another letter with the fee.

TheGerd

40 degrees yesterday, what a difference a day makes. No natural snow but the guns are going 66710725-21DB-4D39-9332-43444DA978CE.jpeg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I've received a few in Queensbury and Ft. Anne. Pretty sure I remember signing ticket as an admission of guilt and sending it in. Then they send you another letter with the fee.
Years ago, I got a totally bogus ticket in Ft Anne for supposedly not wearing my seatbelt. I wasn’t speeding, wasn’t talking on the phone, had my blinker on, doing all the right things. Cop said he had two spotters in town that witnessed me at the stop light with no belt. Total fabrication. I was driving back from Rutland with my then 13 year old son after some skiing. Broad daylight, I get pulled over as does a guy with PA plates. Rinky-dink one stop light town and there are two people plus a cop attesting? Of course that makes it 3 witnesses against 2 (my son and me) in traffic court. I phoned the judge the next day and said check the camera at the light…You’ll see clearly I was wearing my belt (first thing I do when I get in my car). Judge says no dice you have to come up and defend yourself. So I’m going to spend 6 hours worth of my time and gas coming up and back for this? Ended up paying the $130 fine. Assume the PA guy got a similar ding. Way to leave a great impression of LEO’s on young kids too. Now when I drive that way I keep a dash cam on, facing me. Apparently from some car forums that stretch of Rt 4 is a known gauntlet for bogus citations.

kidzach

Years ago, I got a totally bogus ticket in Ft Anne for supposedly not wearing my seatbelt. I wasn’t speeding, wasn’t talking on the phone, had my blinker on, doing all the right things. Cop said he had two spotters in town that witnessed me at the stop light with no belt. Total fabrication. I was driving back from Rutland with my then 13 year old son after some skiing. Broad daylight, I get pulled over as does a guy with PA plates. Rinky-dink one stop light town and there are two people plus a cop attesting? Of course that makes it 3 witnesses against 2 (my son and me) in traffic court. I phoned the judge the next day and said check the camera at the light…You’ll see clearly I was wearing my belt (first thing I do when I get in my car). Judge says no dice you have to come up and defend yourself. So I’m going to spend 6 hours worth of my time and gas coming up and back for this? Ended up paying the $130 fine. Assume the PA guy got a similar ding. Way to leave a great impression of LEO’s on young kids too. Now when I drive that way I keep a dash cam on, facing me. Apparently from some car forums that stretch of Rt 4 is a known gauntlet for bogus citations.
Yep! I like to visit various breweries. I will NOT step foot in that Battle Hill Brewery just because of the shadiness of that town . Won't give them another cent ! Single Cut brewery just off exit 10 is a usual stop. But eff em in Ft.Anne

Zaskar

Fuckers. I got my attorney Lionel Hutz involved.

Zaskar

Woman's SL on Peacock from Croatia. Conditions remind me of Shawnee with leaves on the snow.

roc

Heading up to Killington or Stratton next Monday-Wednesday 1/17-1/19. Anybody on here have a place for rent? I usually use vrbo or Airbnb, but I figured i would give somebody here a shot.

Zaskar

Sugarbush skied pretty nice on Saturday considering the slow start and lack of open terrain.
I on the other hand took a freak spill on Birch and tore my ACL. It appears my season has ended before it really got going.

Bluebird on North Lynx
1642020302156.png

Here's my view of Killington from Sunday as I waited in the car like an unloved dog.

1642020375365.png

Last edited:

kidzach

Sugarbush skied pretty nice on Saturday considering the slow start and lack of open terrain.
I on the other hand took a freak spill on Birch and tore my ACL. It appears my season has ended before it really got going.

Bluebird on North Lynx
View attachment 175950

Here's my view of Killington from Sunday as I waited in the car like an unloved dog.

View attachment 175951
Sorry to hear about your injury. Speedy recovery 💪🦵

kidzach

Not sure if I'm going to waste my time heading back up. Crowds/holiday weekend, and the same so so conditions for the last few weeks are not too enticing.

roc

That’s

Bluebird on North Lynx
View attachment 175950

View attachment 175951
Oh man, that sucks. Good luck with the recovery.

JPark

Heading up to Killington or Stratton next Monday-Wednesday 1/17-1/19. Anybody on here have a place for rent? I usually use vrbo or Airbnb, but I figured i would give somebody here a shot.
I have a 3 bed 2 bathroom in Killington that I rent occasionally. Not available for this date, but message me in the future if you're looking.
It's on the access road, 1/2 mile from the mountain.

kearneyb

Brutal cold with wind on Saturday; holiday crowds; staffing issues; omicron; minimal terrain and driving home in a storm on Monday night. Not going to be fun, but wife is working and kids are in ski program so making the drive to vermont once again.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Brutal cold with wind on Saturday; holiday crowds; staffing issues; omicron; minimal terrain and driving home in a storm on Monday night. Not going to be fun, but wife is working and kids are in ski program so making the drive to vermont once again.
Sounds fun. Thinking about heading up Monday for empty leftovers if the storm works out.

Zaskar

Which mountain you talking about? I get most will be the same with crowds just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom