21-22 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
skiing is expensive - don't let the lower entry point of equipment fool ya.
still need sport specific clothes. although i do wear my helmet when the temps go low
and i actually ride.
NO doubt about it! A day on the slopes is pretty much more expensive than just about any other recreational activities I can think of. PS, I am not a boater! That seems really expensive!

NO doubt about it! A day on the slopes is pretty much more expensive than just about any other recreational activities I can think of. PS, I am not a boater! That seems really expensive!

A golf vacation with the guys can get very expensive in prime season.

Golf is similar. Pay 1 to 2K for a decent set of clubs - also need shoes, glove. A round at a dump is 20 - 30 bucks. A pro course you'll pay hundreds.

VAIL RESORTS TO ACQUIRE SEVEN SPRINGS MOUNTAIN RESORT, HIDDEN VALLEY RESORT AND LAUREL MOUNTAIN SKI AREA IN PITTSBURGH AREA​

Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today that it has entered into an agreement to purchase Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania from Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Inc. As a part of the acquisition, Vail Resorts will also acquire Hidden Valley Resort and the operations of Laurel Mountain Ski Area. The purchase price for the ski areas, plus a hotel, conference center and other related operations, is approximately $125 million, subject to certain adjustments.

I wasn't sure this should go in this thread or "things that make you frown" thread.

It will be real fun watching the upper classes blow on by while those without the means get to wait in line a bit longer.

This fast track thing shouldn’t impact lift line waits to much. My understanding is that there will be a limiter number sold each day based on projected skiers/riders for that day. They went over this at our condo HOA meeting in Oct. I was more bummed that the shuttle buses were only going to run on weekends and holidays, no mid week shuttles this year.

@TheGerd

Have you been up to Killington recently? How much snow on the ground, enough to cross country ski?
I was up Thanksgiving weekend, skied that Friday. The mountain only had about 7 runs open, they have expanded since that. There was not much snow, though that Saturday they got about a foot of snow, not sure about XC conditions.

I was up Thanksgiving weekend, skied that Friday. The mountain only had about 7 runs open, they have expanded since that. There was not much snow, though that Saturday they got about a foot of snow, not sure about XC conditions.
thanks, i was thinking about hitting the mountain and then maybe doing a little XC on the golf course. I am thinking I will wait a little while.

thanks, i was thinking about hitting the mountain and then maybe doing a little XC on the golf course. I am thinking I will wait a little while.
You should be good to go for xc I believe. Zero snow this morning at golf course area. But around 7 inches so far. Not good enough for the trails only because it was in such horrible shape, so I left. But the rest of the week should be very good snow making conditions ❄️❄️⛷️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom