21-22 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started ACL PT this morning. May need to hit the ignore button on this thread. :(

My wife is a couple weeks in. Sitting at a desk with the immobilizer off. Stitches are out.

It will move along quickly. Did they put you on a stationary recumbent? You may get hooked

1642696809521.jpeg

My wife is a couple weeks in. Sitting at a desk with the immobilizer off. Stitches are out.

It will move along quickly. Did they put you on a stationary recumbent? You may get hooked

No bike yet. Stiches are out and I'm working on quad, calf, hamstring stretching. Brace is locked out for walking and open for sitting,.
I had a ACL repair not replacement along with a clean up in aisle meniscus.

Anybody want to plan a ski/MTB trip in late march early april? Ski for few days, drive to Moab and do some riding?

Get a house in Salt Lake?

Campground in Moab?

The last week in March and first 2 weeks of April is usually amazing skiing in the wasatch.

I was going to get a couple of buddies together.
you had me until you said campground in moab.... :)

anyone have any killington tickets they want to sell? Looking to go superbowl weekend.

you had me until you said campground in moab....
$113 a day, that was my second option....wanted to see if I could find something cheaper first. Probably not tho.
See if you know anybody with an ikon pass. They can transfer a 25% discount to you. Or if they’re not going to make it to Killington this year….. they don’t look to hard at the passes.

See if you know anybody with an ikon pass. They can transfer a 25% discount to you. Or if they’re not going to make it to Killington this year….. they don’t look to hard at the passes.
How does the transfer work?

At 25% I think the rei deal is better... I mean if we're talking about retail on their site for the particular dates

had a fun day yesterday at Jack Frost with my wife and son. As I was telling my wife, I think the last time i had been there to ski (not dirt bike) was around 1986 or 87. Still looked familiar. I like this layout for beginner to moderate skiiers....many complete runs from top to bottom, and fixed grip lifts....Runs were never overly crowded despite there being alot of people there yesterday. Good first day back on the snow. My son can now deal with the lift and poles with no help, hes now linking his turns together....my wife is getting more comfortable with the skis, she still has a bad habit of looking down at her skis, but working on that....(me and my son yelling at the same time: STOP LOOKING AT YOUR SKIS!!!!) its very helpful :)

bad parenting 101....forget to pack childs ski jacket and pants bc you assumed your spouse did it.....Thankfully my son had no issue riding in his house pants and puffy coat.
1643031277355.png

Windham yesterday. Was expecting crazy lines but it wasn’t too bad. Plenty of people but that 6-person lift is fast.

No Sun and lots of people kinda made most of the trails less fun mid-late afternoon as it turned into an ice rink. But a solid day until about 3:00 then we trekked home. It’s close but not close enough for every weekend.

3D77683B-CD6E-45C1-9FA2-0A49A3F82EB0.jpeg

Yep. Been doing that Stratton or Mount snow day trip since college (2009ish)....3:15 up, 4 hours back roughly.

We have been debating the same. It's just a hair long for a day trip. But we may go up in 2 weeks to check it out, as we have the Ikon pass too. But with the kids it's also hard to wake up at 5am and go. So we would need to go up Saturday night and get a room.

Yep. Been doing that Stratton or Mount snow day trip since college (2009ish)....3:15 up, 4 hours back roughly.

Not something I'd do every weekend but if you have someone to trade the driving off with it's not so bad. I was able to take a quick power nap after we got off the hill and then took the 2nd half of driving home. 87 sucks once you pass the Catskills and for some reason Troy/Hoosick always has some traffic before you reach the city too.
Nice I used to day trip Stratton all the time anD ski for free there because I was an instructor at creek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom