2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

7/25 goose egg
💩💩💩
Was doing some work early and moved a shovel to a different spot to try to open up some drainage for a forever muddy spot in the winter time. It is basically dust at the moment but opened up some nics, shaved down the ruts and backfilled (with dust). Hoping some of these thunderstorms happen so it will firm it but but will need to go back in the fall regardless.
When I was coming back down the hill I tagged my bar on a three-quarter inch thick tree sapling and it was enough to move my line and I laid it over right in a bunch of jagged rocks. Couple cuts on the side of my knee, a good Charlie horse on that side and feels like I ripped my thumbs off. So I dust off and go work on the one spot for a few minutes and then rode out and was going to ride around to finish out the hour but Just wasn’t feeling it so goose egg for the day.
40117D39-A5D3-4B76-BCF8-FCCA6A2AE387.jpeg
87A4896C-2844-4C05-B971-109FA7BC2FCC.jpeg
EA3E33FD-6343-4E1A-B82C-D2E6338651CD.jpeg
B649D56C-5974-4364-B8AD-0C40BE1DFB57.jpeg

Day 24: Screw You, Rack

We had no set plans today. The day started at 5:30 in the morning when the alarm unceremoniously let us know it was time to get up and bring Simon over to morrial's house, as noted above. Ours was 1 of the 2 kids that grabbed a lift to the KT NICA camp. From there we took Bear to CR for a walk, where we saw High Tech Paul flying around like Speedy Gonzales.

Then we went home, sat on the porch, ate breakfast, and drank coffee for the next 2 hours. It wasn't terribly hot out yet. Anyone with foresight would have gotten the ride out of the way then. But we were content to relax and enjoy the front porch without sweating profusely. After that I did some things around the house, including changing grips on Zac's bike, swapping a rotor on D's bike, and working on the 8-foot tall platform I am building to replace the existing 5-foot platform.

At 2:00 we dropped Zac off at work and went to the Asian market, where we went shopping and came out to see some douche nozzle smashing our 4-bike rack with the front of his car. We traded insurance, bent the rack back, and went home. I sent out some emergency texts to the network then took the other car to Costco to continue our day of not having any set plans.

Long story short, after Costco I went to Bill's to get Pat's bike rack. By 6:00 the problem had been solved.

Then I rode my bike. Because I ride bikes, and I know things.

View attachment 191494

View attachment 191495

Looks like a 3 bike rack now.....
??

25 of 31. @stb222 if it makes you feel any better, while Kate and I were taking it easy on the canal, I wasn’t paying attention and managed to ride through a big pile of the smelliest greenish colored shit and spray it all over myself. Here I am looking for an appropriate leaf to clean myself off. Picture courtesy of the Peanut Gallery.

https://strava.app.link/aL1372SVWrb
1658749075620.png

July 24

Ride 15 of 20

Made it to Whistler. I only brought my DH bike, so my first ride of the day was picking up the XC rental and riding it back to the condo. After everyone assembled their bikes we did an easy ride just to check out the lay of the land. Afterwards, the plan was to ride the park, but two fatal, gang related shootings right in the village put a halt to that.

https://www.strava.com/activities/7523338493
https://www.strava.com/activities/7522994096

Image-1 (69).jpg

Image-1 (70).jpg

Ride 17, Day 24
07/24/2022
01:00:59 moving time
https://www.strava.com/activities/7521073409
So unmotivated to go outside for this ride. I was gonna drive to Stephens, but the thought of it just didn't sit right.
I decided to hit LewMo and mail it in. I rode the new green trail from the Sunrise Lake lot up and across the road, then turned around and came back down. Great to see the new work. I also went across the street to check out the "new Boat Loop" which is now blazed with Patriots Path markers. It's a kinder, gentler version of what it once was.
B6F1345A-AEF9-4D2A-BED9-1F2DC7F39F4C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom