2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

Day 20 - cedar Brook / Spring Lake parks loop
https://strava.app.link/L5ZehoZ5Orb
050C65A4-4B56-4A7C-83A5-3070B4941EC3.jpeg

Getting a few standard July pics out of the way. Tried to give them a different perspective than previous years
D35C1E81-7C5F-4D73-9781-F950C0423948.jpeg

F809F31B-5815-4544-A615-95C7AE35BB22.jpeg

745A8590-4ED3-4107-9567-10588A11C3CA.jpeg

Day 20: We stopped at the end of our ride and talked to our Ukrainian neighbor and realized that riding in this heat is pretty trivial comparatively

I guess the title really says where the post would have been going. It's hot, I know. We went out and did the same ride we did last week when I posted about recovery. It was basically the same, maybe slower, maybe not. The heat made it - yeah I'm gonna say it - really eggy. But this was not a surprise. If it had been cold, that would have been a surprise.

We tried to retrieve the car from Mavis on the way home but they closed at 6. Oh well.

A Ukrainian family lives at the bottom of our street and we stopped to talk to Yuri on the way up to the house (bottom, up - yeah we live on a hill). His family is all good, they live in the western part of the country. But you know, it's still way more real for him than it is for us. We talked for a bit, wished him our best, and rode back to the house. You maybe have a little more perspective when you have a conversation like that.

Anyway, I hope y'all took it easy today. I stopped to take a picture for a change. The grass everywhere looks resplendent, doesn't it?

56E5F659-C505-4AAF-AF92-02842C3618A2.jpeg

1A7D01F5-2046-47B4-9B52-35DDD763C61A.jpeg

The office is always busier on Wednesday’s as they fed the mice; I mean workers, to come in for a while then they stopped feeding them. Due to the newly formed micr pattern the workers still continued to come in.

As I am in an office with other workers not in my group and my peers are in other states I got to enjoy the experiment from afar even though I was just a rat from another experiment…

For those that have ridden their bikes in Jersey City they’ll notice the bike lanes are great, but then for certain blocks they don’t exist and expect you to play nicely with the cars… you road cyclists think this is ok, but m#*%f@ck that is not ok with the guy who only likes avoiding trees… therefore I focused today’s going to work ride on the safety

https://strava.app.link/aRppjdBtPrb
1658360808153.png

The ride back to the car was more of safety than enjoy ability as I knew i wasn’t in a rush home as my wife was taking my daughter to swim team practice and I could ride longer..

https://strava.app.link/WpoVxZItPrb
1658360912971.png

The evening ride didn’t disappoint. I took a loop I usually never do and barely saw a soul.

https://strava.app.link/H66VKbXtPrb
1658361135195.png

B663ABB2-8E28-450A-A2DB-C0E5978C2DC0.jpeg

Day 20: We stopped at the end of our ride and talked to our Ukrainian neighbor and realized that riding in this heat is pretty trivial comparatively

I guess the title really says where the post would have been going. It's hot, I know. We went out and did the same ride we did last week when I posted about recovery. It was basically the same, maybe slower, maybe not. The heat made it - yeah I'm gonna say it - really eggy. But this was not a surprise. If it had been cold, that would have been a surprise.

We tried to retrieve the car from Mavis on the way home but they closed at 6. Oh well.

A Ukrainian family lives at the bottom of our street and we stopped to talk to Yuri on the way up to the house (bottom, up - yeah we live on a hill). His family is all good, they live in the western part of the country. But you know, it's still way more real for him than it is for us. We talked for a bit, wished him our best, and rode back to the house. You maybe have a little more perspective when you have a conversation like that.

Anyway, I hope y'all took it easy today. I stopped to take a picture for a change. The grass everywhere looks resplendent, doesn't it?

View attachment 190878

View attachment 190879

But the grass is always greener at pingry. The anticipation of the reverse or selfie from @Dominique is exciting.

Back
Top Bottom