2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

Ride 14, Day 15
07/15/2022

01:01:23 moving time

Morning road ride, aka commute to WFH
7A61605E-A01B-45D2-96DA-C5DBAA0BDBDB.jpeg

I'll get one more ride in tomorrow morning before we head overseas to England for the week.
I hope to be back on the bike for the MTBNJ Group Ride at Nassau next week!!!

So my ride on the 9th apparently didn't upload to Strava or Garmin Connect... so I think I'm officially in the 20

#12 really hot ride. I really hope wilderness is a bit cooler because my body did not like climbing today.
https://www.strava.com/activities/7458730138

#13 Needed some recovery. rode down to hilltop cranford to see some friends that I haven't seen in a long time and then rode back. Still love night riding. If it weren't for drunk drivers, I'd make it a common thing.

TM: Did some trail maintenance thinking that I could use that towards the mulligan, but now that #9 didn't upload, I think I'm out of the 31. Trails needed trimmed and the dog needed a walk anyway.

1657914095469.png

#14 Ryan ripped my legs off in Mooch. He picked a pretty brutal loop. The Commie Climb totally wrecked me at the end. I definitely need to ride my own pace and not ride Ryan pace for Wilderness 101. Also broke my rim at the spoke hole... unfortunately I don't see a new wheel being built up for wilderness... so let's hope it doesn't grenade on race day.

#15 to come in a few hours. Gonna do some gravel out in Bedminster.

7/15
11 of 20+

Group WFH club ride again today 3 of us just rolling with some flat road fast sections but nothing too strenuous. Both the other guys have newer aero type bikes compared to my endurance bike from 2016 so it’s still a little extra work just to draft. Planning a long ride tmw so still saved some energy for that.

Added some time since manager is still on vacation and I only have 4 days left at this job before I start my new one aug 1 and plus Friday so IDGAF.

With all the talking I didn’t take any pics except seeing this massive truck dumping off mulch for the local school playground around the corner.

It wasn’t until I check the ride upload I noticed the elevation total 👹

https://strava.app.link/WvYN2ydXGrb
1657917194516.png

430590C3-491C-4817-BE0F-4AC7ECE5579B.jpeg
25DAAAB7-9F57-4BEA-8FD4-8F55DADA5C9F.png

Day 15: Legit Recovery Ride

We needed an easy day before the weekend so that’s what this afternoon brought. I know many of you are starting to drag at this point and that’s totally understandable. It’s a lot of riding all at once. It may be time to string some recovery days together.

What’s a recovery day?

I used to heavily follow some hardcore training message boards where some pro-level riders would chime in. One of them once said that their team recovery days were like 12-ish mph. Think about that compared to what they can normally do.

The rides where you push out 15-16 mph are likely not hurting you but they’re also not helping you climb out of the training hole you’ve dug for yourself. Slow it down and give yourself a day or 2 to relax.

I forgot to take a picture again which I guess happens on these road rides. So today you get 8 years ago, which is 1 of my classics.

0ADFD910-47C5-4A06-B7D2-CB7CA44DF7CA.jpeg

22A11E0C-B51B-411B-8FC7-BAFE540E6B19.jpeg

Took two rides to get it done today. 15a: The Pivot was ready, and the SIR9 needed a brake bleed and new pads. I rode to the new bike shop/cafe in town, Gears and Grinds/Cranky Noodle to swap bikes. Connor, the shop owner, is great, and this is exactly what Sparta needs.

Chance meeting @SpartaBard at the shop. We decided to grab lunch at the Cranky Noodle. My daughter works there, so I proceeded to embarrass her, only the way a Dad can, and we washed some awesome Ramen down with ginger lemonade.

15b: @Norm nailed it.. i felt really crummy today. I think I've been pacing the challenge well, but my shins/Achilles are sore AF, and my head just wasn't there. Did an hour in Weldon WMA but for some stupid reason cropped out 16 minutes.

Screenshot_20220715-175956_Strava.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-175945_Strava.jpg

Back
Top Bottom