2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

xtrpureguts

T - 3 Days July Challenge Pregame
3F9CA784-CD6B-47CB-8832-5689D27A1E19.jpeg

9E87445A-42B6-467C-9915-8FEAA3CDE79F.jpeg

https://strava.app.link/zxVomMvUerb

Eschmitt85

Here we are for yet another edition of the ever popular 31/31

This year is pretty much the same as prior editions. (now with legal weed)

This may seem like an easy task.. but trust me, it's tough.

Here are the rules:
  1. You need to ride your bike every day, outside, for at least 1 hour
  2. The ride needs to be on Strava
  3. It's recommended to join THIS HERE GROUP on Strava as well
  4. You need to post it to this thread on MTBNJ
  5. You will need to be a member of the MTBNJ forum in order to do the previous step
  6. You need to be a JORBA member in good standing on July 31st, 2022
  7. On rule #1 - maybe you don't need to ride every day after all...
  8. The Mulligan Rule. Each rider in this competition will be granted on e (1) Mulligan. This means that you are allowed to miss a single day and make it up later. However, you need to make it up by doing one (1) ride of 1+ hour in addition to one (1) TM session of 1+ hour on the same day. You will need to convince the event organizers that your TM efforts are legit in order for this to count
Prizes:

Most hrs ridden total in JULY 22 : $150 Halters Gift cert

Ride at least 1 hr daily (every day) in the month of July $50 Gift cert for (for the first 25 people who show proof of the completed challenge after aug 1 2022)

It's that simple. Ride bike, post to forum, be a JORBA member in good standing. That's it. Really.

This thread will act as a photo journal with a photo if something interesting from each day's ride.

fine print : Don't cheat. Find that Hr doing whatever it takes to make it happen. Riding inside does not count. Extra karma point for sharing this hour with someone who isn't an avid cyclist. Those who chose may donate their GC to: Jorba, NICA NJ or a NicaNJ student athlete chosen at random

**Specifications are subject to change

Gonna be tough while traveling but I’ll give this a shot!

Piston Honda

I think I'm passing. Too many personal things going on. I don't know. Maybe I'm in till I'm not.

Looking forward to see everyone's rides/pics though.

BTW, any new colors for the Jorba band?

Last edited:

Ian F

Shouldn't include the gondola ride ;)
Technically, yes. In practice - really hard to implement (I've tried...). In reality, most people going through the effort and expense of going to a bike park are going to be riding there for a few hours so actual riding time will end up meeting the criteria.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Technically, yes. In practice - really hard to implement (I've tried...). In reality, most people going through the effort and expense of going to a bike park are going to be riding there for a few hours so actual riding time will end up meeting the criteria.

I was trying to be silly based on jdog's ebike comment. All good!
I'm thinking I'd die after an hour of dh.

Gene

The Dancing Machine

Certainly will benefit the most hours completed for sure

Ian F

I was trying to be silly based on jdog's ebike comment. All good!
I'm thinking I'd die after an hour of dh.
Oh yeah... I watch some of the EWS stages where they are at race effort for over 13 minutes and think about how I'm nearly dead after a 4 min run down the Blue Mtn DH race course. That 13 min stage would probably take me an hour to get down. The race down Top of the World at Whistler is just inconceivable.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
In the end the summary remains the same: Just ride, motivate others, have fun!

Tracking will stink, but it will work out. I think this hours thingy is like the old exercise routine of how many steps can I get in a day hype. Those that swung their body / arms whatever lost in the end even though they had more steps.

Get outside.

Top Bottom