2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

Ian F

I will try for the 20+ this year. As mentioned before, the full 31 is hard. Every time I've completed it, I ended with a bit if burnout and barely rode in Aug.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I'm in for this year. I did it back in 2012 and racked up 1,034 miles for the month. NFW do I have that kind of juice/time but my goal is to get over the 3k hump for 2022. I'm currently at 2,238 miles so far.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.02.29 AM.png

trener1

I'm in for the 20, I just can't manage the 31, with family stuff going on etc... I think last year I missed out by one day (got a bit sick mid july) but I hope to get it done this year.
Plus somehow I missed out on getting a water bottle at the MTB festival last week so I definitely need one now :)

pygmypony

Here we are for yet another edition of the ever popular 31/31

This year is pretty much the same as prior editions. (now with legal weed)

This may seem like an easy task.. but trust me, it's tough.

Here are the rules:
  1. You need to ride your bike every day, outside, for at least 1 hour
  2. The ride needs to be on Strava
  3. It's recommended to join THIS HERE GROUP on Strava as well
  4. You need to post it to this thread on MTBNJ
  5. You will need to be a member of the MTBNJ forum in order to do the previous step
  6. You need to be a JORBA member in good standing on July 31st, 2022
  7. On rule #1 - maybe you don't need to ride every day after all...
  8. The Mulligan Rule. Each rider in this competition will be granted on e (1) Mulligan. This means that you are allowed to miss a single day and make it up later. However, you need to make it up by doing one (1) ride of 1+ hour in addition to one (1) TM session of 1+ hour on the same day. You will need to convince the event organizers that your TM efforts are legit in order for this to count
Prizes:

Most hrs ridden total in JULY 22 : $150 Halters Gift cert

Ride at least 1 hr daily (every day) in the month of July $50 Gift cert for (for the first 25 people who show proof of the completed challenge after aug 1 2022)

It's that simple. Ride bike, post to forum, be a JORBA member in good standing. That's it. Really.

This thread will act as a photo journal with a photo if something interesting from each day's ride.

fine print : Don't cheat. Find that Hr doing whatever it takes to make it happen. Riding inside does not count. Extra karma point for sharing this hour with someone who isn't an avid cyclist. Those who chose may donate their GC to: Jorba, NICA NJ or a NicaNJ student athlete chosen at random

**Specifications are subject to change

unfortunately out this year...travelling to Alaska week of July 10 - 17 so will be running away from bears and orcas instead of cycling! will join the strava group and post here regardless just for fun!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
also going to give it a shot this year. i did it last year even with a little injury... so i'll aim to beat my hours for a personal goal

EDIT: last year's July numbers:
  • 342.7mi
  • 45h 9m

serviceguy

I was planning on taking the 20 day and Most Hours Titles. I really need some water bottles, mine are gross.
Yeah, hurry up because those bottles are flying off the shelves and getting more valuable by the minute, cryptocurrency has nothing on them. I think I saw one being traded last Sunday at Allaire, can't say by who for obvious financial reasons
it was @Mitch

I may try the 20+ turns out I had to post-pone eye surgery to August, so there goes Cranks.

serviceguy

They are the new Purist bottles so you'll all get a chance to stop drinking from your water bottles soon enough 🤣

I like the idea of calling 'WaterGate' something that is not supposed to leak...

Top Bottom