'08/'09 season thread or something.

i protested the whole park pass they had, never bought one...so i rode one season never in the park...i had to make up alot of stuff to try and keep me sane..like try and manual the entire mountain down, or ride down all the way without strapping in (i made it)

but yeah...it gets old..fast..

I never got the pass. I would just ride by. I guess I looked the part. I was never hasseled. Then again I never went on a weekend.

It is worth it if you need a quick fix or if you need to get the legs ready for a bigger trip.

Funny local scene. Crazy good rail jocks here. Best I have seen in person.

I doubt it, but does anybody on here have any experience with Salomon SPK's? I keep eyeing them up, they look like they'll be super comfy in the park and give me less shin bang. I'm just not sure how they will perform in all mtn :hmmm:

16852.Image.1.jpg

I just started looking around for passes this winter. I'm gonna get a Big Lift card for Hunter and probably an X2 for Stratton. I try to get out about 10 times or so, so I should get my fill in at these places and more.

i used to sell ski boots at princeton ski shop...however what you have there, i dont really know about, so cant be too much help.

but salomon boots run very wide, alot of people like them for that comfort factor, but if you do not have a wide foot, and you are doing park, i wouldnt suggest it, your foot will be moving around too much.

princeton in clifton just closed down this summer, so..sorry, i guess a couple of bad winters finally caught up.

crash, when did you work there?

I believe the entire chain went OoB. I think they had been trying to close for years.

Funny, I never think of business as "trying to close".

Where are the best deals these days? I am finally going to get some new board riding boots to go with my bling ride bindings I snapped up from WhiskyM.

rentals

princeton in clifton just closed down this summer, so..sorry, i guess a couple of bad winters finally caught up.

crash, when did you work there?

thanks for the info - I have gear but am teaching a college class at creek for a week this winter and want to guide my students to a good off mountain place to rent for the wk or summer-- any suggestions?

thanks for the info - I have gear but am teaching a college class at creek for a week this winter and want to guide my students to a good off mountain place to rent for the wk or summer-- any suggestions?

I go to Heino's on Rt 23 south. A friend of mine recommended them to me this past season and they're awesome.

If someone needs ski boots - this is THE place to get them. They are top rated by America's Best Bootfitters. A couple of my skier friends went there for boots this season and they couldn't have been happier. You gotta make an appointment, but it's well worth it.

I'm pretty sure they do rentals for the season, I don't know about daily. They also have a swap sale coming up October 11-13.

http://www.heinosskiandcycle.com/

Last edited:
i used to sell ski boots at princeton ski shop...however what you have there, i dont really know about, so cant be too much help.

but salomon boots run very wide, alot of people like them for that comfort factor, but if you do not have a wide foot, and you are doing park, i wouldnt suggest it, your foot will be moving around too much.

Interesting because I have a very narrow foot and salomon boots fit me great. I have a pair of Salomon Foils right now and love them except the liners have compressed too much in the shins. I actually was in a shop today and wore the SPK for about half and hour and I am just about sold on them. Just going to try a few other boots on first. Worst comes to worse, I'll use them for local riding and when I go up north or out west I'll rock the old boots.

I bought a pair of salomon boots at Princeton a few years ago because the salesman told me they were the best boot for wide feet and comfort...... that was a mistake....

Boot fitting.

In general, Salomon boots are a little wider. At least they used to be (it's been a few years since I was in the know). Everyone's feet are different, though. And each boot in their line may feel different. The best thing to do is take your time. Get real cozÝ in the shop. Give your feet a chance to complain if anyrthing isn't right.

^^ said better than i said it..

to get a good boot fit, expect to spend about an hour, if you talk to a salseperson and they try and sell you a boot and youre gone in 15 mins, chances are its going to suck. every persons foot is different, and its common to need specific work done to a boot to make it fit just right, even after the thermo form the liners to your feet. there is a big difference between a bootfitter and a salesman.

Back
Top Bottom