State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Family and I went for a trail ride yesterday early afternoon. We had just finished loading the van with the bikes and gear at 5pm. And as we were doing this the lot filled up with about 6 cars and all the guys got out of cars giving each other high fives and bro hugs. Stupid people will always be stupid. Wife and I have been doing solo road/cx rides and getting the kids out when we can. We are introverts already, but we keep to ourselves and keep our distance from others.

Some people just really want to make go back to slapping people in the face. Nothing like a good old open hand slap in the face to get someone’s attention.

We were at 6-mile Run yesterday and when we got there, there were 5-6 guys congregating together after their ride.
I told @Norm, this is why they're going to close all the parks soon. And here we are, not even 24 hours later :-(

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Just got his in the mail

1586280878592.png

State Parks and Forests
CLOSED

Governor Murphy announced that effective at 8pm on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, all state parks and forests will be closed until further notice. This full closure includes all park lots, grounds, facilities, trails, playgrounds.

HIKING PROHIBITED
All park gates and entrances are CLOSED. Trail use is PROHIBITED. Save yourself the trip and STAY HOME to help limit the spread of COVID-19.

AREAS PATROLLED
New Jersey State Park Police will patrol park areas to ensure the public is following the Governor’s directives to stay home to help limit the spread of COVID-19.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
To keep your family and our entire New Jersey family safe, stay home, practice good hygiene and follow all State and CDC guidelines concerning COVID-19.

MORE INFO
To learn more about COVID-19 or find resources, go to https://www.COVID19.NJ.GOV, text NJCOVID to 898-211, or call 211.

For updated parks information, please follow this Facebook page or visit the Division of Parks and Forestry’s website: https://njparksandforests.org

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually it is a private preserve, but my question is whether the state can override it?
And can I ride over it?

The governor said state and county parks are closed, and that for town/municipal parks it's up to the individual towns and municipalities. My understanding is that High Mountain is a park preserve owned by the township of Wayne, so it would be up to the town whether it will remain open or close.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
1586281157125.png

State Parks and Forests
CLOSED
Governor Murphy announced that effective at 8pm on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, all state parks and forests will be closed until further notice. This full closure includes all park lots, grounds, facilities, trails, playgrounds.
HIKING PROHIBITED
All park gates and entrances are CLOSED. Trail use is PROHIBITED. Save yourself the trip and STAY HOME to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
AREAS PATROLLED
New Jersey State Park Police will patrol park areas to ensure the public is following the Governor’s directives to stay home to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
To keep your family and our entire New Jersey family safe, stay home, practice good hygiene and follow all State and CDC guidelines concerning COVID-19.
MORE INFO
To learn more about COVID-19 or find resources, go to https://www.COVID19.NJ.GOV, text NJCOVID to 898-211, or call 211.
For updated parks information, please follow this Facebook page or visit the Division of Parks and Forestry’s website: https://njparksandforests.org
New Jersey Division of Parks & Forestry
Just got this

mntal

View attachment 124671
State Parks and Forests
CLOSED
HIKING PROHIBITED
AREAS PATROLLED
MORE INFO
New Jersey Division of Parks & Forestry

Just got this
the good thing is that it doesn't say biking is prohibited. seems to be limited to hikers.

ilnadi

We were at 6-mile Run yesterday and when we got there, there were 5-6 guys congregating together after their ride.
I told @Norm, this is why they're going to close all the parks soon. And here we are, not even 24 hours later :-(
^^this^^
we're just going to have to suck it up and suffer for the stupidity of the population in general. no different than other trail access issues due to the idiots.

jpn

I think it is inevitable that the local parks will close.

I hate this. I really don't understand how hiking or biking in the woods is putting people at risk, but seeing how overloaded some parking lots have been the last two weeks it is understandable that the govt has resorted to these closures.

I guess I'm on the road bike for the duration.

Until they take that away...

mntal

I think it is inevitable that the local parks will close.

I hate this. I really don't understand how hiking or biking in the woods is putting people at risk, but seeing how overloaded some parking lots have been the last two weeks it is understandable that the govt has resorted to these closures.

I guess I'm on the road bike for the duration.

Until they take that away...
right but take road biking away....then take cars away....maybe they can take breathing away too. that would help.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Honestly, parking lot congregations are not the only issue here. I’ve been getting really frustrated with others failure to properly yield to traffic on single track. We could start a whole other thread on who has the right of way in various scenarios, but the idea that germs don’t pass because you are in nature is just stupid. If someone is sweating profusely and breathing heavily and they cross you on tight single track... germs are being spread. I don’t know why people can’t understand this. The fact of the matter is that more people than ever are all of a sudden in the parks and the trails can not safely support this volume and maintain social distancing.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Honestly, parking lot congregations are not the only issue here. I’ve been getting really frustrated with others failure to properly yield to traffic on single track. We could start a whole other thread on who has the right of way in various scenarios, but the idea that germs don’t pass because you are in nature is just stupid. If someone is sweating profusely and breathing heavily and they cross you on tight single track... germs are being spread. I don’t know why people can’t understand this. The fact of the matter is that more people than ever are all of a sudden in the parks and the trails can not safely support this volume and maintain social distancing.
Basically all the “noob” things that every user group has is multiplied by 10 right now. Even my morning rides have had more people than normal, including numerous people standing the the middle of the trail looking at their phones. It is like the majority of the population never knew parks existed.

mntal

I do not see anything about WMAs however. So going to assume that those are still open and we can ride there.

Top Bottom