State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

jdgang

I was just in a conversation with a friend who works for the NJ State Park department. The Parks are open as of today, but most likely (99%) will be close as of 8pm today. Tomorrow closure will be a hard closure ie trail heads as well . and remember this is not to take away anybody's rights this is to prevent the spread of the current pandemic that has affected us all.

ryderX

Closing the parking lots and trailhead access points is a high visibility action. Actually enforcing no trail usage will be a exercise in futility. I did 26 miles Saturday through Stephens-Deer Park-Allmuchy North and saw more folks on MTB’s in 3 hours than I did all last season.

JonF

I think i found a loophole... If you have a local WMA with a good trail system, they will still be open. Something about fish and game keeping certain resources open for hunting and since they aren't high visibility and seldom have features attractive to the general public (paved roads, lots and bathrooms), they're unlikely to get any mass influx.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I think i found a loophole... If you have a local WMA with a good trail system, they will still be open. Something about fish and game keeping certain resources open for hunting and since they aren't high visibility and seldom have features attractive to the general public (paved roads, lots and bathrooms), they're unlikely to get any mass influx.

Next week wildcat closed due to hikers shooting hunters with snot rockets

Kaleidopete

Wawayanda
Cimg0444.jpg

jdgang

That loop hole will be closed. Have you ever seen the side of the ride during fishing season?

xc62701

Hadn't most, if not all, local parks closed already?

No. None of them have been closed. This threat about the state parks is the first park closure I've heard. Everything has been promoted to stay open for mental health and exercise as long as social distancing is adhered to.

The Kalmyk

IMO this is directly related to Boris being put into the ICU. The rich old people are realizing that their money doesn’t give them immunity and now they are scared AF. If Boris dies all hell will break loose.

Any one named Boris getting rona is inconceivable.

JonF

No. None of them have been closed. This threat about the state parks is the first park closure I've heard. Everything has been promoted to stay open for mental health and exercise as long as social distancing is adhered to.
You're right, it seems it was only local and county playgrounds, facilities and such that closed, not the open space.

Mathers

Essex county closed 2 weeks ago and the lots were still packed until this passed Saturday when the barricaded the lots. Now people park where ever and go to the trails.
On Sunday an Essex county sheriff was sitting there as they entered so not sure they give a shit
Or want to deal with it.

BPaze

If they close state parks I would be surprised if they keep WMA's open. Wildcat has been mobbed like never before, I have been seeing people on trails I have never seen anyone on before. I hope they don't, but I am sure if the state parks get closed these will be next. As far as county and municipal parks that is done on a local level and varies. I know all of bergen county has been closed.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Exactly the problem, people are not social distancing while being in these parks.

Top Bottom