State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

TimBay

Anyone using a face cover? Any recommendations for what has been breathable? I've been looking at buffs and other basic face covers, but figured I'd see if anyone has been happy with something? Lots of hikers near me.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From what I have read, the face covers are more for if you think you are infected and a symptomatic. Otherwise you really need that N95 type (and properly use it) to make a difference.
The covid germ is 0.125 microns (again found from internetting so not completely sure how true). So a mask would need to be a pretty fine filter to be effective.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From what I have read, the face covers are more for if you think you are infected and a symptomatic. Otherwise you really need that N95 type (and properly use it) to make a difference.
The covid germ is 0.125 microns (again found from internetting so not completely sure how true). So a mask would need to be a pretty fine filter to be effective.

Would a suit of armor work?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would a suit of armor work?

1EBC9C3A-9AFD-48FE-895F-9373937300C2.jpeg

JerseyPete

My understanding is that the N95 and better, should be reserved for those in healthcare, and EMS types. The face covers that the general public should wear out in public are generic type coverings, just to limit the aerosol spreading from yourself to others.
I wear a buff doubled up. Being able to breathe is important. A vacuum bag filters the best, but you can't easily breathe through it.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Fuck! I have to go buy milk today... will be wearing a N95 that I bought a year or so ago for painting.
Is there an expiration date on these?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Fuck! I have to go buy milk today... will be wearing a N95 that I bought a year or so ago for painting.

i have a couple n95 masks from painting/drywall. will i get mask-shamed if i wear one?

JerseyPete

No.

i have a couple n95 masks from painting/drywall. will i get mask-shamed if i wear one?

I would really hope not, but I am sure there are social justice warriors that don't know how many of us have them somewhere in the garage.

Mtbdog

A simple bandanna does the trick for me. That and adhering to distance guidelines religiously. You get too close your gonna hear me bark.

roc

Maybe, but you will be alive to live with shame. I don’t understand the logic of saving those masks for healthcare workers, who Has some stockoile of theses masks? I would imagine people that have one, bought it for some home improve project.

Top Bottom