Chimney Rock Conditions

stilluf

We rode orange, yellow, middle brook, and ballfields Saturday and Sunday. These trails are in great shape, and anyone who is disappointed that red, blue, and white are closed should take a spin here. Yes the trails are generally tougher, but equally as rewarding.

Much thanks to the parks crew and everyone on this board who put work in the get these trails cleared so quickly after that storm clobbered the other side of the park.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone see if the red, blue and white trails are opened up as of yet?

They are still closed and I've not received an update from the park yet, which tells me they don't have an answer on a reopening. A local told me that blue is still in bad shape even with most of the trees cut out. That will be the main focus at the next session in Sept. That said, white was completely cleaned up after last weekend session and I'm surprised they didn't at least open that. All the other officially opened trails (ball field, yellow, orange and black) are pretty much perfect as of this morning.

Kangdoy

After seeing the white fence entrance on CR Road half taped up, I didn't even bother riding down the orange descent. Just ride orange and yellow/do hill repeats on yellow!

jklett

Just got a call from someone that the tape is cut for red and white by the water on Chimney Rock road. He said it didn't look like an "official" reopening so I figured I'd ask and find out.

Off The Road Again

Cannot speak on behalf of Somerset Park service, but Blue is closed due to hanging trees, dangerous conditions, therefor Newmans lot is closed. The other trail colors are clear and ridable from ball field lot. I haven't hiked Blue to see the damage, but assume they need tree experts in there to clear the hangers, or we volunteer to do a re-route, which is badly needed on Blue. I will volunteer if the opportunity arises.

Fire Lord Jim

I biked the east side today. Found a park ranger in the woods and had a chat.
He said the state is getting involved, leaning trees will be cut, there will be a burn, he puts up tape to close the trails which keeps being knocked down, and figure at least another month before everything opens.

FitmanNJ

Don't know if this downed tree has been documented yet. Going from the ballfield lot on the most direct path to Gilbride, it's just after the mini stream crossing (or just before you get to Gilbride).There is space to walk/ride around on the right. It's a big'gun!

Attachments

• 00D2YUeTQseovp+L1yMegA.jpg
    00D2YUeTQseovp+L1yMegA.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 138

Kangdoy

Don't know if this downed tree has been documented yet. Going from the ballfield lot on the most direct path to Gilbride, it's just after the mini stream crossing (or just before you get to Gilbride).There is space to walk/ride around on the right. It's a big'gun!

Hm, interesting. I was there yesterday evening with @jklett and @danxtj and it wasn't there/was completely clear.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hm, interesting. I was there yesterday evening with @jklett and @danxtj and it wasn't there/was completely clear.

photoshop'd obviously...

thanks - will be meeting @Kirt over there this week. Looks like we can move it. :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions