Chimney Rock Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Apparently there was some serious wind overnight or this morning - @shrpshtr325 and I moved a bunch of stuff off the trails,
and there were two limbs too large to move on red - one at the rock plate just above the log pile feature - and one up by the rock playground.
see Bill's strava for location. https://www.strava.com/activities/2762418109

When we did the first TM after the storm, @Norm walked out to the white trail to do a project he had in mind. He came back and said
the white trail is gone. While i felt he was using some literary license (not just the one day either), after seeing the clean-up for the first time, it
was just unbelievable how many trees, and limbs had fallen. It was a huge effort to get that back -

By now, you wouldn't even know it rained. watch the leaves.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When we did the first TM after the storm, @Norm walked out to the white trail to do a project he had in mind. He came back and said
the white trail is gone. While i felt he was using some literary license (not just the one day either), after seeing the clean-up for the first time, it
was just unbelievable how many trees, and limbs had fallen. It was a huge effort to get that back -

Ya...Paul was telling me the trees down are really changing the vegetation. No more shade.

The Strom provides...

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Apparently there was some serious wind overnight or this morning - @shrpshtr325 and I moved a bunch of stuff off the trails,
and there were two limbs too large to move on red - one at the rock plate just above the log pile feature - and one up by the rock playground.
see Bill's strava for location. https://www.strava.com/activities/2762418109.

That's the exact place we were working at yesterday and the rock plate was all clear. When my garbage can blew away this morning, I figured there could be some additional debris to deal with.

Ya...Paul was telling me the trees down are really changing the vegetation. No more shade.

Yep, It's going to a bit more challenging to keep up with the additional vegetation growth going forward. Trying to think ahead, so I already ordered another weed wacker for next season. Thanks to JORBA, I'll have it soon. Another reason everyone should join.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That's the exact place we were working at yesterday and the rock plate was all clear. When my garbage can blew away this morning, I figured there could be some additional debris to deal with.

Yep, It's going to a bit more challenging to keep up with the additional vegetation growth going forward. Trying to think ahead, so I already ordered another weed wacker for next season. Thanks to JORBA, I'll have it soon. Another reason everyone should join.

get the metal 3 prong blade kit!!!

in other news, all that stone we (Again thank you Paul and HighTech) put down on blue in the spring is riding great.

Last edited:

TPI_Elky

How are the conditions lately? Hoping to ride there tomorrow morning if the rain isn't too bad today and tonight. Guess I check on reports from the fun ride tonight.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How are the conditions lately? Hoping to ride there tomorrow morning if the rain isn't too bad today and tonight. Guess I check on reports from the fun ride tonight.

I was out there this morning and it needs far more rain before it becomes an issue. It is as dry as it gets.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Got in last night. The tree damage was impressive, kinda looked like an avalanche! trails were great, rain today though may change it up a bit.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah but not 2-3 inches with 30mph gust.

thats true, too much is too much, too bad they cant ever seem to accurately predict what we will get before it happens ?

forecast im looking at only calls for <1.5inches of rain, not that i believe it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions