Chimney Rock Conditions

Update 9/30.

I’ve spoken to 1 of the parks supervisors twice in the last week. They really want to get the park back open so they came up with a plan B, C or D and it's moving along nicely. Most of the trees are now removed with only handful of most dangerous ones left to go. If everything goes well, it might be a week away. If it doesn't go according to plan, we will have to do some rerouting around those areas. They asked if we can do that, if need be. If that's the case, I will post a session date to make that happen. Stay tuned...

Update 10/3/19

The moment we've all been waiting for. If all goes as planned, the park will be officially open all the trails tomorrow 10/4. All the super sketchy trees have been removed as of today. As I said, I completely understand why they had to close things and after witnessing them being dropped this morning, I'm even more convinced it was the right call.
I must mention and thank Paul and High Tech Landscaping. If it wasn't for him working with the park to make this happen, we would have to wait at least another month, if not longer, for the Forestry Service to show. He has personally been out cutting for 3 weeks now and today sent in his Arborist to finish things up. So if you see him, say thank you, buy him a beer or 2 and if you know anyone that needs some landscaping or tree work done, give him a call.

Some more clean up is needed, especially on Blue. So please try and make it out to the next session, Oct 19th, so we get
this finished up.

7832667D-2D42-4E0A-8704-E65AF50155AE.jpeg
CF8D6174-79F2-430F-A701-18990B9FA5DB.jpeg
B1B7C63E-15C4-49FF-9EDB-FCDFBAA41FAB.jpeg
F65B5A3E-C3F9-4CC8-BACC-2E10C5B6285B.jpeg

Last edited:
This is great!!! Many thanks to all involved!

Yeah, those 2 widow makers were scary chit.

Those guys make it look easy to drop a tree that large while entangled with other trees & vines.

Awesome work.

Kudos to all that helped clean this up. Paul from HT is the best. Always willing to help out for years. And he's just an all around great person trees, TM and bikes aside! @jimvreeland is ok too but I'm worried about him since he doesn't eat sugar anymore. Thanks to @Kirt and all others as well.
@Kirt Oct 19th is the Erie 80. Any other TM day count me in!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions