Chimney Rock Conditions

11/3- pretty much good to go. Lots of branches from the recent winds but very little standing water or mud. Should be even better tomorrow.

Expect some closures.

On Friday 11/15/19 the NJ Forest Fire service will be conducting a controlled burn at Washington Valley Park.

The NJ Forest Fire Service will be conducting a controlled burn at Washington Valley Park on Friday, November 15th. The area will consist of the County Park Property from Vosseller Avenue west to Newman's Lane.

Expect haze and possible reduced visibility in the area.

Thanks @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST for the heads up

Toure d’ chimney: Rode from Newman’s to red Orange yellow black ballfields and white.
Overall rideable thou thawing. Fortunately not much mud was thawed.

Last edited:
Rode CR at 9 a.m. today. Lower Blue was wet, mostly standing water not muck. Rode outer Red which was excellent. Orange, Yellow and White were all good. End of ride temps were nearing 40, so yeah frost areas would be sloppy. Glad I got this ride in, it will be a mess the next few days or week.

Agree on the dirty but no damage. The ground was firm, but the puddles weren't really frozen. A good amount of wet spots. Place was in great shape for the (almost) winter. Barely any branches down and zero snow. Much different than my usual up north.

Perfectly firm all around, some soft areas after 10, but I should be rideable all day. Patrick sighting as I was heading out
15758193259622855966895082201374.jpg

Any conditions update for 12/20 around 2:00? Wishful thinking but I'm sure it'll be a mud pit at that time.
suppose to be around freezing and in the woods will probably be fine at 2pm. As Kirt said, just watch out for the ice
I'll be doing my biyf ride and fixing the Coney Island plank tomorrow AM, on studded tires...

Last edited:
Dumbass forgot to bring a hammer as I bought decking screws. Got most of the frozen chunks out but will need to remove the nails. It's on pretty snug, if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll finish the job when I get back in a few days.

Also the park was good and frozen this AM.
IMG_20191221_095148.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions