Chimney Rock Conditions

Was just informed that the last tree on Orange has been cleared at some point in the last few days:

4C30C066-C26E-491B-952C-AC6CD99BBB2F.jpeg

Hornets are still there. I unloaded another 2 cans, 1 at close range before they came out. A lot less than yesterday, so making progress. I'll try and get back there soon and empty another can or 2 .

Hornets are still there. I unloaded another 2 cans, 1 at close range before they came out. A lot less than yesterday, so making progress. I'll try and get back there soon and empty another can or 2 .
Are they mud bees / hornets, or yellow jackets? I swear the one that got me was yellow, but I was too busy running. Yea it still itches.

Interesting link since we are on subject...

Are they mud bees / hornets, or yellow jackets? I swear the one that got me was yellow, but I was too busy running. Yea it still itches.

Interesting link since we are on subject...

Mine were yellow jackets. Hydrocortisone cream followed by lotion seem to work. Till it doesn't.

8/2 Hornets are gone as is the downed tree. The only thing left that I saw today was the root-ball blocking upper IMBA, probably going to need a reroute. The other sections still remain closed, even saw a Ranger re-taping the trailheads on my way home. No update yet as to whats going on. Still can get a solid ride in, so enjoy.

Ball fields, yellow and orange are perfect. Thank you for widening that narrow, short bridge by the ball field entrance! Never had so many hover flies or whatever they are in front of my face today.

Newmans was closed yesterday, I'll drive by again on my way to Costco to see if there was a change. Haven't been in the area for a while and looks like a lot of damage right at the red trailhead

Ball fields, yellow and orange are perfect. Thank you for widening that narrow, short bridge by the ball field entrance! Never had so many hover flies or whatever they are in front of my face today.
Yeah!! to the new bridge.

That old rickety tooth pick bridge was scary. I've threatened my crew several times to just go undercover and replace it.

Newmans was closed yesterday, I'll drive by again on my way to Costco to see if there was a change. Haven't been in the area for a while and looks like a lot of damage right at the red trailhead

The fence entrances on CR Road were taped up when I was there yesterday. Wish I knew that before heading down the orange guard rail descent, only to know that I would have to climb back up it.

The fence entrances on CR Road were taped up when I was there yesterday. Wish I knew that before heading down the orange guard rail descent, only to know that I would have to climb back up it.
But you like climbing...

without recommending riding on closed trails, the white climb back to gilbride is clear.....

8/3 update. Park will remain closed for the time being. There are some hanging trees that are potential dangerous, so the NJ Forestry is coming to take care of them. Hopefully will happen soon but exact timing is unknown.

I did get the go ahead to proceed with the scheduled TM date next Saturday 8/10. Plan is to start the after tree cutting cleanup, which looks like a it could take a bit work to get to our liking. Please try and come out to lend a hand. Details to follow.

Trails still closed with caution tape up.

Are all the burned trees near miller lane lot from the lightning the other night?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions