JORBAfest!

Hey, that guy is plain crazy! :D

The Human Vise rides! I had no idea, that really owns. I ripped a phonebook at work today in your honor. No bullshit. It was only a local version, real skinny. I was talking about your three rip phonebook deal with the biggest guy I know and he said that ripping phonebooks was all smoke and mirrors. This quickly turned into a pissing contest. We gathered every book in the office and tore into them. I won by ripping some weenie small edition while he struggled with Ocean County. I dedicated my victory to THE HUMAN VISE!

Stephens

There was some mention of a 7-mile loop being marked out at Stephens for non-group ride purposes. I'm planning on riding real early tomorrow morning (pre-festival) and if the loop is marked I figured I'd check that out (also - where's the trailhead?). I'd say I would just wander around for a few hours, but I'm pressed for time - gotta get home to get my son and get back to the area in time to catch Jeff Lenosky.

If it's not marked I'll probably hit Deer Park or North, but I figured I would try something different.

Thanks.

Mike

woo hoo, yay, yee haw, bitchin!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from weather.com and weather for Stanhope tomorrow is partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of pm storms. I'm going to JORBAFEST tomorrow damnit!!!!!! I took a paid time off day from work for this and can't even tell ya how excited I am to go to a mtb festival. Being riding since '92 and have missed every mtb fest in every area I have lived in UNTIL NOW. Can not wait!!!!!

Ken, that rocks! Your buddy is partially right, most of the time you see someone tear a phonebook on TV or whatever they are using a cheat technique which can be taught to anyone. You'll definitely see the difference between party tricks and legit strength feats tomorrow.

I've been riding forever, and I've been hanging around Marty's for about the last 30 years.....hey that makes me sound old!

Being a busy dad of two, my website has been woefully neglected (my kids come first). At the bottom is a link to an article that was written about me and my two mentors a while back. It gives you a little idea about what to expect.......although you may just want to wait until afterwards and be surprised.

Now if someone can talk Jeff Lenosky into riding over me I have an idea for a great feat!

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2007-03-27/gould-strongmen

I can't wait to go now, even if it's just to meet you and Lenosky. :D

I was looking at my NEXRAD just now, and there's a ginormous squall line that's about to pass through here this afternoon/evening... BUT I'M STILL GOING!

Rain doesn't bother me (on the ground.)

NEXRAD link: NWS Radar

group rides...

Is the intermediate group ride really going to take 2+ hours to cover 7-10 miles? Seems a like a real slow pace. What's the terrain like?

that's what i was thinking

I don't know the area at all. I've ridden chimney rock, put in ten miles and been itching for more. I was thinking that doing both intermediate rides would be good, but I'm almost leaning towards the advanced level ride but don't want me and my rigid bike holding holding people up thru the technical stuff, or to fall off the back if it's a HAMMERFEST. I'm playing it by ear for now. 501 CREW REPRESENT!!!!!

There was some mention of a 7-mile loop being marked out at Stephens for non-group ride purposes. I'm planning on riding real early tomorrow morning (pre-festival) and if the loop is marked I figured I'd check that out (also - where's the trailhead?). I'd say I would just wander around for a few hours, but I'm pressed for time - gotta get home to get my son and get back to the area in time to catch Jeff Lenosky.

If it's not marked I'll probably hit Deer Park or North, but I figured I would try something different.

Thanks.

Mike

mike- if you take 206 to waterloo rd, there is a lot about just under the first overpass on the left. you can park there, head down the road (still on the left, into traffic) go down onto the trail there and take that to the "tilcon" lot. or, you can go up a little futher to the actual "tilcon" lot and park there. go through the big gates (VERY BIG) and follow the little rock markers out and around to the left. it's a HUGE wide open area for a little while then gets into the woods. here is my GPS data from the THS ride:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6483815

I don't know the area at all. I've ridden chimney rock, put in ten miles and been itching for more. I was thinking that doing both intermediate rides would be good, but I'm almost leaning towards the advanced level ride but don't want me and my rigid bike holding holding people up thru the technical stuff, or to fall off the back if it's a HAMMERFEST. I'm playing it by ear for now. 501 CREW REPRESENT!!!!!

honestly dude, CR is a very different world than mooch. i rode my rigid SS all over up here with the exception of Alamuch North mostly b/c the opportunity never presented itself. BUT i know it would be a really, really tough ride. Deer Park and Stephens won't be too much of a problem if you can handle yourself with most of CR.

As of recently I"ve had a craving for more and more ROCKS...Being that my local trails are similiar to those that MIG and Dualfisted ride (very flowy and minimum to no rocks), I can say the "paying attention" factor goes up when dealing with rocks...It's complete concentration on the trail so long as your moving...While at RV a couple of days ago I learned this lesson real quick...

I rode Allamuchy north for the 1st time yesterday

And it is really rocky. However, I'd say the riding is not annoying like the parts of chimney rock that are full of loose, fist sized rocks can be.

My impression of Allamuchy is that the rock gardens have stuff from the size of your head up to big boulders and stone faces that you ride on. These are mostly fixed, so the tech challenge is in picking lines around or over the rocks.

I had a blast there. Of course, I don't know how hard the trails I rode were in comparison to the park in general. For reference, I'd say my base fitness and bike handling ability are pretty good, but not super advanced by any means.

tanks alot

honestly dude, CR is a very different world than mooch. i rode my rigid SS all over up here with the exception of Alamuch North mostly b/c the opportunity never presented itself. BUT i know it would be a really, really tough ride. Deer Park and Stephens won't be too much of a problem if you can handle yourself with most of CR.

Thanks mang!! That's the kinda word I was lookin for. I can handle pretty much everything I found @ CR no problem. Maybe I'll just ride both of the intermediate rides and get my miles in that way. I'll save the North stuff for a day when I won't be holding people up and can peck my way thru on the ole 8 speed rigid. Can't wait to meet everyone, I'm really looking forward to the Fest.

This is really cool, I am super excited for this tomorrow. I can only hang for a little bit but hope to make the most of it. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve..

That feeling may just be the 32oz of Red Bull flowing through my veins, but you all get the idea!

Are we still allowed to say Christmas?

This is really cool, I am super excited for this tomorrow. I can only hang for a little bit but hope to make the most of it. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve..

That feeling may just be the 32oz of Red Bull flowing through my veins, but you all get the idea!

Are we still allowed to say Christmas?

Only Xmas. Don't want to offend the heathens.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom