JORBAfest!

DD-

The bikefest is a FAMILY event, with rides planned on the towpath for the kiddies. They should also really enjoy Jeff Lenowsky's show.

Just in case they get bored, Cycle Works has arranged for a kid's jumpy house, which should help to tire them out :D

BiknBen

FYI, I left a handfull of color flyers at Halter's yesterday. Jdog should have them on display.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Quite possibly the biggest news to date regarding the festival (besides confirmation that Jeff Lenosky and Frank Harms will be in attendance):

The Human Vise will be ummm, vising things, at the fest thanks to Marty's Reliable Cycle.

I cant wait, I heard he bends huffy's like they are made of crappy high-ten steel! Oh wait, he also rips phone books in a lot of peices and other awesome stuff.

In all seriousness, we are stoked to have Mr. Vise onboard. It adds to the uniqueness of the fest and the kids should get a kick out of it.

dualfisted

+1 on that bidness

i hope the weather will be on our side...i took off work for this:D

I'm soooooo looking forward to this event. Planning on doing both intermediate rides and looking forward to some of the demos and clinics and such. We'll see what I can squeeze in. I'm showing up rain or shine, but would much prefer SHINE!!!!

Mare

Weather guys are never right, but they are calling for rain this whole weekend. Rain date is Sunday, but if it rains Sunday, is the festival cancelled?

BiknBen

Weather guys are never right, but they are calling for rain this whole weekend. Rain date is Sunday, but if it rains Sunday, is the festival cancelled?

Were you looking at a forecast for some place in Texas??? ;)

Weather forecast looks good enough to me. You can take your bad weather vibes and go to the Gulf coast.

weather.jpg

Mare

Were you looking at a forecast for some place in Texas??? ;)

Weather forecast looks good enough to me. You can take your bad weather vibes and go to the Gulf coast.

Hey! I need serious answers. I am a very important (ok, even if it is just self important) person with much to plan! :)

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The fest Committee will address the weather issue asap and let you know where to go for updates. bikefest.jorba.com is the official site for news, but it will be cross posted on the local boards too. As of now...there is no news and the fest is saturday :)

HumanVise

Hey, that guy is plain crazy! :D

Quite possibly the biggest news to date regarding the festival (besides confirmation that Jeff Lenosky and Frank Harms will be in attendance):

The Human Vise will be ummm, vising things, at the fest thanks to Marty's Reliable Cycle.

I cant wait, I heard he bends huffy's like they are made of crappy high-ten steel! Oh wait, he also rips phone books in a lot of peices and other awesome stuff.

In all seriousness, we are stoked to have Mr. Vise onboard. It adds to the uniqueness of the fest and the kids should get a kick out of it.

Frank

Sasquatch
It's a scientific fact that a bunch of fun-loving people will drive bad weather away. I read that somewhere.:D

Mike679

Kid's Ride Question

I was originally going to leave the kids at home, but have decided to bring my 4-year-old son along and forego riding myself (I'll get that out of the way during the early morning hours). Anyway, he's only 4, but can ride pretty well without training wheels. I saw on the schedule that the kid's ride is for ages 8-12. Would it be appropriate to have him participate in this ride if I accompany him, or is the terrain too rough? Is the trail like a rail trail, tow path type of thing or single-track?

Just curious. I could always drive up to the Sussex Branch rail trail and have him ride there if he's too young to do the kid's ride. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mike

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I was originally going to leave the kids at home, but have decided to bring my 4-year-old son along and forego riding myself (I'll get that out of the way during the early morning hours). Anyway, he's only 4, but can ride pretty well without training wheels. I saw on the schedule that the kid's ride is for ages 8-12. Would it be appropriate to have him participate in this ride if I accompany him, or is the terrain too rough? Is the trail like a rail trail, tow path type of thing or single-track?

Just curious. I could always drive up to the Sussex Branch rail trail and have him ride there if he's too young to do the kid's ride. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mike

Mike,
The kids rides are going to be led by our very own Bikenben and Shaggz. To answer your question about his age: To be honest, it really depends upon the ages of the kids in the ride, the turnout for the ride and his skill level.

The kids rides will go around Tilcon Lake in Stephens SP. Most of the ride is doable for him, I'm sure. It is fairly flat. However, the last part might be tricky, as their is some twisty singletrack that leads out to Waterloo Valley Road. The ride then returns from there.

When you get to the festival, come see us at the JORBA tent. We can suggest some close by places for you to ride if the kids ride isn't practical for him. There is a towpath right there as well as a close-by short railtrail.

There will be other stuff for him to do, as well. We have a Bouncy House provided by Cycleworks and NJ Jess is bringing kids skinnies for them to ride on. He's got to watch Jeff Lenosky's demo and, of course, the Human Vise!

Joe

Last edited:
Top Bottom