Pledge to go by bike!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hey all,

There's some pretty cool stuff up on the 1 world 2 wheels site now, including a super trick and fun calculator that will show you how many calories you'll burn, how much money you'll save on gas, and how much pollution you'll decrease by doing simple things like riding your bike around the block to the quicky-mart!! Check it out, and make the go by bike pledge today!!

http://1world2wheels.org/

-Jim.

PS-If anyone needs help getting their bike up to speed, let me know, I'd love to help!!

Pokgirl

Spork
We slapped a child bike seat on the back of an old mt bike. I rode to a playdate on it for the first time last week with it. The little one loved it! She even has a little helmet with bunnies on it!
"We are for bikes!"

Attachments

• IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 139

scotth

I don't recall from my driving test but what roads can't bikes go on? I was mostly thinking about RT 1 in the East Brunswick area. What are some distances that people ride to work. Thanks

Regards,

Scott

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
What are some distances that people ride to work.

My commute is 24 miles round trip. Albeit commuting by bike to work is a step in the right direction, a greater step is to eliminate all trips under 2 miles using a car. That's more the point of all this. Converting a beater into a town bike to run errands and get groceries etc, etc, etc...

-Jim.

liong71er

you see that's why i don't own car!!
i've help sewing those big "O" layer up there, just a little tiny bit tread,...:)

MST.ESQ

Converting a beater into a town bike to run errands and get groceries etc, etc, etc...

Jim: If you saw my wife's grocery list you may feel bad enough for me to get me a big discount on a Gary Fisher 29er to handle the extra weight :D

All kidding aside - I commute to Manhattan and simply cannot work around the hours prohibiting bikes on trains... Bummer...

xc62701

I'm starting to do just this. I rode to the rock gym tonight on my new fixie. I think it's about 7 miles and it's a nice ride.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I don't recall from my driving test but what roads can't bikes go on? I was mostly thinking about RT 1 in the East Brunswick area. What are some distances that people ride to work. Thanks

Regards,

Scott

I live in S.River and commute to Somerset round trip is around 26 miles. Its most fun on my fixxie

pinkshirtphotos

its a great plan but here in nj it just doesn't work for most people. many have commutes that go over big highways, or in bad times to ride a bike. i would like to ride to school but with busses driving around town like they do i can't do it safely. I can however enjoy my afternoons ripping the trail after school instead of wasting paper and writting papers. I save the enviroment by not reading books, or writing things down. If it aint online i dont care.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
i wish i could commute to work, but its 38 miles one way, i even looked into driving halfway and biking the second half, but the ONLY road that i can take to my job is a 50 Mph speed limit with no shoulder, uphill...its just not safe

but around town im going to try to bike alot more....need to get a light for my bike

Wobbegong

i wish i could commute to work, but its 38 miles one way, i even looked into driving halfway and biking the second half, but the ONLY road that i can take to my job is a 50 Mph speed limit with no shoulder, uphill...its just not safe

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to ride to work, but going from the Princeton area to Sewaren (on the water near Perth Amboy) by bike during rush hour doesnt work out well.

THATmanMANNY

I Bike To Work! =)

Well sometimes... I bike to work like once or twice a week. It only takes me about 15-20 more minutes by bike than by car. It all depends on what my plans after work are. If I don't need the car I will bike but if I have errands or if I am driving up newmans lane to mtb I forfeit biking to work and drive with my gear. Imagine biking up those roads. BLAH!

I commute from Franklin to Somerset. ~16miles round trip. Ah, the benefits of living at home :D.

My company even had a bike to work day too last month but only about 2 people (that is including me) out of the 150 here biked to work that day.

HOW FREAKING SAD IS THAT?! No offense but these old timers here just don't get it.

R

reihl_deal

got kicked off the PATH with my bike the other day. Tried going in to check out highbridge or cunningham park. I was so excited to be going on friday afternoon that i completely forgot that they dont allow bikes till after 6:30 when rush hour calms down. Got through the turnstyle with my buddy and then we got tossed out. it was a huge let down.

Can't ride to work either, impossible to get from hoboken to south hackensack without touching either rt 46, rt 3 or 80. (if you know a way by all means call me an idiot and let me know)

been thinking about getting one of those things with 1 gear and skinny tires can't decide whether to go fixed or SS so I plan on getting something decent with a flip flop....just not making it onto dirt enough and want to ride more

keithsly

my fixxie

Fixxie ??? What's that ??? I wish I could commute to work but being in Sales it might not go over to big me showing up in my Kit sweaty asking for $100k in Software....

Here's my question.... Why would you commute to work but drive to the trail ?? hmmmm.... I know I drive to Hartshorne but....

here's my sunday ride .... I had use my SingleCROSS. First time at 6 Mile Run in a long time !! Nice and Hot that day !!:drooling:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6298996

N

nx52cc

stop haveing your monkey play with your kit ...and youl find out what a fixie is...lol

mtnbiker5

Bike

I'd ride my bike everywhere I went if I could. Then again, I'd have to live in VT.

No worries. Price of oil dropping sharply already, although the mainstream media wont report it.

walter

Fourth Party
I already get up at 4 am to get to work by 5 am. While the easiest way for me to work is Rt 9 to 287 I could technically get there on back roads, but that would require me to get up even earlier. I'll just say that I really like sleeping in my comfy bed so getting up any earlier is out of the question.

I do plan on riding my bike for my local excursions, I was actually in Halters on Monday speaking to Jdog about a townie/beater/lock-upable ride.

Top Bottom