Pledge to go by bike!!

We slapped a child bike seat on the back of an old mt bike. I rode to a playdate on it for the first time last week with it. The little one loved it! She even has a little helmet with bunnies on it!
"We are for bikes!"

Ha, my daughter has that same exact helmet. Love those crazy bunnies.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I had a way to take a shower at work, I would love to do it, but im not sitting in my office all day stinking up the place. I have done it on a saturday when I didnt have to wear the shirt and tie.

Honestly though, since I have started riding my bike, I use WAY more gas then did before I had it. Today I drove up to kittatinny. During the week I drove to mahlon, lewis morris, and the tourne to ride. I would be saving gas if I sold my bike.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Wah:( "If only there were better roads"..."If I only had a shower"..."My bike doesn't have A/C, an Ipod input, a DVD player, a GPS, or seat 9 other people"

I knew when I posted this I would get nothing but excuses about not being able to ride your bike anywhere in NJ other than 6-mile Run or Allaire...Sheesh!!

I will say one thing, it's much easier to make an excuse than it is to make a difference:hmmm:

-Jim.

PS-Don't worry, I'll try my hardest to ride my bike enough to make up for the rest of you.

rocknrollgirl

I ride to work, WaWa for milk, the library...many of my errands that do not require me to ride on route 72. I am lucky that I cam ride to work on neighborhood roads. The people that I work with think I am nuts. But it is a short commute, and it feels like the right thing to do.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I do all of my short store runs by either bike or foot and I split my work ride in half so I end up with about 18 mile round trip on bike and another 20 by car. that being said I shreded a tire on the way home friday cause some (insert your fav here ) driver tried to run me off the rode. :mad2:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Wah:( "If only there were better roads"..."If I only had a shower"..."My bike doesn't have A/C, an Ipod input, a DVD player, a GPS, or seat 9 other people"

I knew when I posted this I would get nothing but excuses about not being able to ride your bike anywhere in NJ other than 6-mile Run or Allaire...Sheesh!!

I will say one thing, it's much easier to make an excuse than it is to make a difference:hmmm:

-Jim.

PS-Don't worry, I'll try my hardest to ride my bike enough to make up for the rest of you.

Decoration

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

-Jim.

''Cin Don''

keithsly

-Jim.

Easy to say when you work in the industry... Believe it or not some people have to wear suits to work ?? Imagine that ?? I again will throw the question out how many people drive to the trail to ride their bikes ??

ArmyOfNone

Easy to say when you work in the industry... Believe it or not some people have to wear suits to work ?? Imagine that ?? I again will throw the question out how many people drive to the trail to ride their bikes ??

I like 1.5 miles away from six mile :D I ride there every time i ride!

But I must say good point my friend. I realize I travel a lot to ride my bike but never made the connection that its because of my bike im driving all over! (if that makes sense)

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
i sometimes ride to the trails near me, but the roads have been destroying my brand new knobbby tires, which sucks.

the unfortunate thing is that you cant really ride in essex county, even though i do, so for alot of trails i have to drive 30 plus minutes...im not complaining though, i enjoy my car too

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Thats exactly the point I was saying before. If I sold my bike, I would use less gas. I drove at least 100 miles this week that was completely related to riding my bike.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
yeah, those racers are the ones using more gas:D
Driving up & down from DE to CT to go to all the races and they race midweek & weekend too...it is like their "job", so they basically also drive to work ;)

There are many other ways to be "green" if some people can't ride their bikes everyday, some as basic as changing the light bulbs for energy efficient ones and avoid using plastic bags at the supermarkets ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I drove 2 miles to watch the race with my daughter in Stirling yesterday. I also drove to buy beer, maybe 4 miles from the house - a trip I admittedly should be riding my bike for. Total of about 12 miles yesterday. Other than that we didn't leave the house. Fred and Jim probably drove a combined 60 miles to do the race, then Fred and his fiance drove out to PA for a party of some sort. I saw someone there with a Vermont kit on.

I'm not saying this to rip on other people, but to make the point of glass houses and throwing stones. This coming weekend I'll end up driving 150 miles to do a race in NY state. And my wife is going down to south Jersey to see some friends, round trip about 170 miles. That's just Sunday alone.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I could ride to work, 14 miles each way but I drive to work and ride at lunch instead...my office will be moving to 5.5 miles from my house in 2 months and I plan to start riding in more then...

gtluke

The Moped
i used to carpool with my girlfriend to work, 16 miles round trip. to be fair, that 8 miles a day per person.
now that i ride a lot, i take a seperate car and hit a trail after work, usually lewis morris.
my driving went from 8 miles a day, to now 46 miles per day, plus my girlfriend's 16 miles in another car.
so we went from 16 combined to 70 miles because i bought a bike.
whoops

BiknBen

I again will throw the question out how many people drive to the trail to ride their bikes ??

That's a big reason I do so few MTB rides. It's not just the gas but the time wasted. I don't like to spend 3 hours in the car to ride for two hours on the trail. I'll do 5 hours on the road bike instead.

gtluke

The Moped
its unfortunate that i live and work in essex county where its illegal to ride a mountain bike, well anywhere.
i'll be moving to morris county eventually.

Top Bottom