Lewis Morris Time Trial - 12/1

How about this? At every questionable intersection put a tomato on the "wrong" trail and a carrot on the "right" trail? Maybe a volunteer at the close intersections if we get enough?

I love that! If you thought talking slowed me down, wait until you see me stop to eat the tomatoes and carrots myself!! You have to worry about me more than the bunnies!

I love that! If you thought talking slowed me down, wait until you see me stop to eat the tomatoes and carrots myself!! You have to worry about me more than the bunnies!

So is that a 3rd form commitment? I'll make sure you go last, so you can be our "food sweeper". :)

I'll be there, but no way am I sweeping up the carrots. Raw carrots :drooling: . I want to see if Ryan can crack another frame!

So is that a 3rd form commitment? I'll make sure you go last, so you can be our "food sweeper". :)

Not sure yet if I will make it. I will have to let you know once I figure out everything else this weekend. The carrots are inviting!

I'll be there, but no way am I sweeping up the carrots. Raw carrots :drooling: . I want to see if Ryan can crack another frame!

Ewww...carrots in general are :puke: I can only eat really cooked carrots. I'll have a blast in the race, just please don't put me 1st. I did that at the Darkness and I had no rabbit to catch. It just wasn't as amusing.

Please no cracking of any more frames. I have enough bike woes at the moment. Plus I'll be riding my full carbon bike. If I crack that I WILL cry... :eek:

at the risk of sounding ignorant what exactly is a time trial?

Riders all ride the same course, but get started at (say) 1 minute intervals. Your loop is timed, then times are compiled. The winner has the fastest time.

Riders all ride the same course, but get started at (say) 1 minute intervals. Your loop is timed, then times are compiled. The winner has the fastest time.

Why not make it 5 min intervals? This way it takes Ryan 6 min to pass me instead of 2?

LOL, sure, it can be more than 1, maybe 3 depending on how many people show.

thanks norm I'll check my calendar, sounds like fun

cornstarch

Hey, this sounds like fun,...but I'll probably be working AGAIN on Saturday. But I would like to contribute an idea. When I ran trails years ago,..we played fox and the hounds. The fox would go 10 minutes ahead and would use power or cornstarch to mark the direction. It washes away without harm. If you use it on the preride,...you could mark it early. happy hunting,..jess

This sounds interesting, I'm in if I can make it.

I'm definitely not in race shape though so I may be kinda slow. :confused: We'll have to see how the body responds to a few weeks of drinking and eating. lol :drooling:

On a side note, I am moving to Asheville, NC on Sunday. To those I have met, and haven't met for that matter, I wish you well. Keep NJ mountainbiking alive and kicking butt! I will be back in the summer, hopefully, to do a few of my favorite races so I hope I see some of you again.. Good luck and take care!!

I'm definitely not in race shape though so I may be kinda slow. :confused: We'll have to see how the body responds to a few weeks of drinking and eating. lol :drooling:

On a side note, I am moving to Asheville, NC on Sunday. To those I have met, and haven't met for that matter, I wish you well. Keep NJ mountainbiking alive and kicking butt! I will be back in the summer, hopefully, to do a few of my favorite races so I hope I see some of you again.. Good luck and take care!!
Good luck with your move!

Hey, this sounds like fun,...but I'll probably be working AGAIN on Saturday. But I would like to contribute an idea. When I ran trails years ago,..we played fox and the hounds. The fox would go 10 minutes ahead and would use power or cornstarch to mark the direction. It washes away without harm. If you use it on the preride,...you could mark it early. happy hunting,..jess

I know people have done this at Tourne and people complained about it because it was just a total mess. Now this is of course the fox trying to make a mark ASAP so maybe that makes it worse.

Damn, NC? Sorry to hear that but good luck to you! Isn't half of your PF/H team now moving to the Carolinas?

I can also tell you that weeks of eating/drinking don't do good things to you. But it's fun! :D

I vacationed in asheville it was great mountainbiking. thought about moving down there are you going to live in asheville or in the surrounding area just out of curiosity. how's the cost of living there compared to nj

I am moving to Asheville, NC on Sunday.

Good luck with your move. And find Tsali - fantastic trails and great views.

The cost of living down there will likely make you rich. I'm not sure of housing prices where you are now but even in places like Atlanta you can get a great house for likely 2/3 of the cost of your NJ home...

Back
Top Bottom