Lewis Morris Time Trial - 12/1

So it was a tad chilly :eek: but fun. Thanks for putting it together Norm. Boy I can just not get motivated when there's no one around me, as I found out yesterday!!

It was great to see everybody in such chilly conditions, it was fun! Ryan gave me a run for my money. Good job everybody.

Norm, neat job, kudos to you for standing there in this cold.

Jake, thanks for letting me take a spin on your bike, this is the first time I've ridden big wheels. It's a nice bike for sure, but even though this was too short a ride I'm not quite sold on the difference in size being that big of an advantage. Turning is a lot like steering a boat, but that is pretty much the only thing I could find radically different since the tire pressure you use is quite high and your setup is, well, more relaxed.

Walter, thanks for the donuts and coffee, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Maurice

Damn it was cold (at least for the first lap, and then whenever stopped). I think I am still coughing up all sorts of gross things. It was a fun day though and great motivation to get out and play!! Thanks for getting me out there, despite gravity and couches!

Damn it was cold (at least for the first lap, and then whenever stopped). I think I am still coughing up all sorts of gross things. It was a fun day though and great motivation to get out and play!! Thanks for getting me out there, despite gravity and couches!

I really wasn't cold(or actually realized I was cold) until the end when I stopped and couldn't feel my toes. Yea I'm not sure if I would have made it out if there weren't so many other fools like me out there. It was great to get out there and try out the bike still.

I'm trying to get a good feel of that 9.9. It's so light that every root in the turn makes it catch air so you constantly have to be on your game to place it down right and keep crankin. It keeps you on your toes! I couldn't believe how nice the trails were. I thought I would have needed a beefier tire to grip through the leaves...who knew the trails would be blown off!

What's wrong with Trek? I actually have...holy shit I have 4 Treks and 1 Specialized. That's ponderous.

What's wrong with Trek? I actually have...holy shit I have 4 Treks and 1 Specialized. That's ponderous.

nothing, they seem to be a "less inspiring" bike to ride, at least that's the popular thought process around here. that said, personally, i own three.

Treks rock!! You don't have a Trek,you have a TANK!!

brett, you make me sad. :(

Yup that would be it. That with a couple of modifications for the spring season. It should be fun!

Crap I had no idea. Wish I could have taken it for a quick spin. Damn frozen brain!

Less inspiring? Wanna take a spin on my 9.9. It might change your mind...

those aren't my words. i've ridden trek exclusively for um...wow...almost 20 years? the mary was my first non-trek purchase. if they had a 29er i'd prolly look at them again. at least a frame.

those aren't my words. i've ridden trek exclusively for um...wow...almost 20 years? the mary was my first non-trek purchase. if they had a 29er i'd prolly look at them again. at least a frame.
Yea I don't know why they haven't stepped up and put a 29'er out there. I guess they don't mind having Fisher take the market since they benefit too.

Back
Top Bottom