Votes: 1 7.7%
  • january 6th

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • january 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • january 20th

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
date pending, i could probably do a an hour or so of watching people fall...b/c i can't pedal 50 miles in the best conditions.

I didn't vote on a date, but what do you have against Saturdays? :hmmm:

I like math. 50 miles @ 7.5 mph (moving), thats just under 7 hours + stunts + pee breaks. IMO This is going to be an 8 hour event for the winner. I might just be crazy enough to try (emphasize try). Keep in mind December 23 sunrise 0720, sunset 1634 - slightly over 9 hours of daylight.

alot of this event travels through areas where hunting occurs, ie: i don't want any competitors to get shot. there is no hunting on sundays.

graveyard, i envision the winners pace being quite a bit quicker than that. based on the terrain, i would expect the winner to clock a 5-6 hr time at the most. i might have someone staked out at the halfway point pulling riders if they've been on the course for more than 4 hrs at that point. i also might shorten the course if it looks like it's gonna be that long(time) of an event ahead of time.

Last edited:
alot of this event travels through wildlife management areas, ie: hunting, ie: i don't want any competitors to get shot. there is no hunting on sundays.

graveyard, i envision the winners pace being quite a bit quicker than that. based on the terrain, i would expect the winner to clock a 5-6 hr time at the most. i might have someone staked out at the halfway point pulling riders if they've been on the course for more than 4 hrs at that point. i also might shorten the course if it looks like it's gonna be that long(time) of an event ahead of time.

Hunters - good answer to a good question.

Write me down for this event as well, as much as I think 50 in the cold will damn near kill me. I didn't vote for a date because I have no preference I guess.

Any objection to people teaming up and riding together? Not that you could stop it in the field but it might help bring people out if they knew they had someone to bitch to when they started hurting. Also, maybe someone feels better being out there with another rider who has a GPS? Just a thought.

I should be good for this one (just for the punishment of 50mi in cold weather) as long as it is not while I am away back home for the Holidaze.......

nice! alright people. 4 (semi)-official competitors. the ball is now rolling!

norm, riding it as a two person team would be fine, but the riders need to stay together the ENTIRE time. you can't split up the checkpoints to collect them all yet ride less distance. take for instance, the longest out and back checkpoint, the pse&g trail climb on the east side of berkshire valley. both competitors will have to go out to and up the hill and both will have to sign in. at the first checkpoint off the rail bed in mahlon. both riders wil have to leave their bikes on the rail bed and run/walk to the checkpoint 1/4 mile away if they want it.

there will be books at each of the checkpoints for the riders to sign, and probably painted pebbles or wooden beads. at each checkpoint you would have to collect one pebble/bead. they will be color coded for the time bonus they alot. turn em in at the end and we add up your bonus.

Sounds pretty sweet. December 23'rd! That's my bday! I get extra points just for attending!

if anyone can prove it's their birthday, they get a ten minute head start on the rest of their class.

this would be a good replacement event for all those that intended to do the all/more-a-muchy. it will likely be similar weather to last years event, a little bit longer, and possibly more fun/less painful??

a couple of the climbs will be walkers for most people. not including checkpoints, there will be 4 steep, rocky 'major' climbs, as well as a bunch of smaller ones. by major, i mean bigger than anything in mahlon by about 200ft of elevation. there will be short sections where it is too loose to ride up. that's life. there will be plenty of very scenic overlooks for those who choose not to overlook them.

rog, if for the voting ends up being majority for the 23rd, i'll lead a group ride of the course the next sunday(the 30th). i'll also lead at least one group ride in the weeks before.

a couple of the climbs will be walkers for most people. not including checkpoints, there will be 4 steep, rocky 'major' climbs, as well as a bunch of smaller ones. by major, i mean bigger than anything in mahlon by about 200ft of elevation. there will be short sections where it is too loose to ride up. that's life. there will be plenty of very scenic overlooks for those who choose not to overlook them.

rog, if for the voting ends up being majority for the 23rd, i'll lead a group ride of the course the next sunday(the 30th). i'll also lead at least one group ride in the weeks before.

Ok but I want points for that :D

if anyone can prove it's their birthday, they get a ten minute head start on the rest of their class.

this would be a good replacement event for all those that intended to do the all/more-a-muchy. it will likely be similar weather to last years event, a little bit longer, and possibly more fun/less painful??

Sweet I'll bring my mom - is that proof enough? :p

Back
Top Bottom