a couple of MASS races
couple of Root 66 races
an Adventure race
Singlespeed apalooza
Darkhorse 40
all s/s
ride my bike to my kids sporting events
All depending on COH (cash on hand) and work

How is everyone doing on their goals? I may have to get some new ones as I must have aimed low :hmmm:
4000 combined road. mtb and commute.
avg 3 days/week commuting
more mtb rides
ride with at least one person
do an mtb race
do a road race
century?
not drink as much soda

Will be around 2900 miles at the end of this month
avg probably 2 days a week commuting
started out good on the mtb rides, now dropped off sharply
attended a group ride more than once
did a century
on and off with the soda
still have yet to do a mtb race or a road race....

How did I miss this thread? I will have to get serious on this and get involved.

Until then however, I can help with the soda, think of it as doody with bubbles that takes the paint off the inside of your body when you think you want to have one.

Get a 1st place finish
1st in points
FINISH the DH40 (Ive only ever done 32 on the road
Drink as much soda as possable;)

That or take a 10 Penny Nail and leave it in a bottle of Coke for 1 week and look at it again.

i may try that :hmmm:

I will say that a can of soda is pretty much the max each day but i go through spurts of one a day for a week and then none for a week. I just get tired of water all of the time.

Hmm lets see.

#1 Get Faster (check)
#2 Get Faster (check)
#3 Follow #1 and #2 (check)

My main goals for 2009 involve increasing my fitness, finishing places, and times from the 100 mile races. Basically I want the races to suck less by me being more fit.

Here's my 2008 finishes and times:
Cohutta 66 of 134 9:46
Mohican 38 of 97 10:24
Wilderness 59 of 192 9:51
Shenandoah 110 of 339 10:39

For 2009 I want to finish like so:
Cohutta Top 60 9:15 or faster (check - 8:58)
Mohican Top 30 10:00 or faster (check - 8:30)
Wilderness Top 50 9:15 or faster (we'll see this weekend)
Shenandoah Top 100 10:00 or faster

I hope to bike in at least 1 more new state this year as well. (check - Nebraska - blah)

That's all for now..

So far my season is going really well. Feeling much more fit than last year and able to tolerate much more pain. I've worked my nutrition and hydration much better which is really helping the whole package. So far this season I've got 288 hours of riding and 3364 miles. All of last year I had 355 hours and 3174 miles of riding. I'm way ahead already. The peak of my season is here this weekend at the W101 and the official end of my season is on Halloween. It's still a long way to go.

Hmmm...

#1-I'd like to win a Cat 1 mountain bike race. I don't think that's gonna happen though. I'm sure I'll be faster this year, but I'm expecting everyone else to be as well, so more realistically, I'd like to just be in the top 10 all the time. Or at least all the times I don't DNF;)

#2-I need to trim down. At 165ish pounds during the season, I'm not really "fat" per se, but I'm not exactly Cat 1 fit if you know what I mean. I need to get into the 150's. It may also be my only resolution I can control:D

#3-Murder the 2/3 field in 'cross next year and win the NJBA CX Cup. I came close. A bit of bad luck during the last race kept me in 2nd. Next year, they die:getsome:

#4-24 hours of Allamuchy 1st overall. 3rd overall this year, 3nd overall last year. With the right team, it's possible, who's in?

I've already hired a new coach to help me become as fit as I can be and peak for the events I really want to do well in. I've zero'ed out my PowerTap, tomorrow starts anew:D

-Jim.

Hm...
#1-Check!!
#2-Check!!
#3-Sorta check, I planned on racing A's this year before the shoulder thing.
#4-no check. We'll have that on the list for next season!!

I can't complain about how my season went, I felt stronger than I ever have and thought I was pretty competitive, I would've never thought I'd win a race or be on the podium this season...Too bad about cross though:(

-Jim.

PS-Next year I'm leaving the 40 off my list, it's bad luck...

1. at least 113 dirt-only rides (i like prime numbers, and my b-day is january 13th, so why not?). this should work out to about just over 2 rides a week.
getting there. there was a little slow down due to my new whip being shipped a month late, and the surf has been good lately, but i think with a couple more long weekends i'll be on target for this.

2. go bigger - hit up diablo this year.
bigger is definitely happening. i'm very happy with my progress. my fear level is still there, but i'm totally going for stuff now, and sizing stuff up i wouldn't have even considered last year.

3. get the bike park i proposed in franklin township's middlebush park approved.
ugh - that's all i can say, but we've got a mtbnj guy in the right area in the township now, so let's see what happens...

4. do 4 more TMs than i did last year (one more TM per season).
this is on target

5. ride one of IMBA's "epic" trails. either roth rock (state college) in PA or kingdom trails.
i dunno about this one... we'll see, but it will be KT if i do it... this is the wildcard.

so far so good...

i may try that :hmmm:

I will say that a can of soda is pretty much the max each day but i go through spurts of one a day for a week and then none for a week. I just get tired of water all of the time.

Got juice? Seriously I buy that blueberry and blackberry juice from Trader Joes and cut it with half water when I need something else and it is great.

1. Lost 30lbs was 240ish now. 213lbs

2. Riding the road bike a lot.

Thoses were 2 main goals that would lead into other secret goals...being faster, stronger climber, better bike handling, in general being more fit for longer rides and less stops during these rides. Riding nothing but my SS and my Road bike are the reasons behind all this. Btw all this makes me awesome now

2. Riding the road bike a lot.

This will do more wonders than you can ever imagine!! It's also better to do shorter rides more often so your metabolism will stay charged up and your energy levels increase, making you want to ride more, etc...For example, do like an hour everyday instead of 2 hours every other.

-Jim.

I never thought about that jim. Like yesterday I didn't ride because I could do a 2-3hr road ride but I def could have nailed a 1hr ride. Thanks for the info

Wow Ryan congrats.
BTW I haven't forgotten about that Ohio race by my brother you did last year but the seed is planted. Not fimly in the goal department....yet.

Wow Ryan congrats.
BTW I haven't forgotten about that Ohio race by my brother you did last year but the seed is planted. Not fimly in the goal department....yet.

Do it! That's still my favorite 100 miler.

Back
Top Bottom