2009 Goals

RNG1

This will do more wonders than you can ever imagine!! It's also better to do shorter rides more often so your metabolism will stay charged up and your energy levels increase, making you want to ride more, etc...For example, do like an hour everyday instead of 2 hours every other.

-Jim.

This is so true, I used to think "oh why bother I only have an hour" Then I read that Dave Weins rarely gets more than an hour a day in with his family schedule. Now I take whatever I get and GO!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
1. Lost 30lbs was 240ish now. 213lbs

2. Riding the road bike a lot.

Thoses were 2 main goals that would lead into other secret goals...being faster, stronger climber, better bike handling, in general being more fit for longer rides and less stops during these rides. Riding nothing but my SS and my Road bike are the reasons behind all this. Btw all this makes me awesome now

lost 30 lbs is awesome!

....and Jim carved off 15. I think we need to start a site total. Anyone else?

wonderturtle

good job guys re: the weight loss.

I consider my goals accomplised surpassed already. they were.

1) ride more consistently. want to hit at least 100 miles EACH month. DONE/ONGOING

2) get faster/stronger on the bike - improve technically and aerobically. I am kicking my old self's ass. and its not even close.

3) keep losing weight (was around 225 a year ago - now below 215 - want to be below 200 in a year - 190 a year after). no "dieting". just healthier living = sustainable weight loss. 25 lbs less fat than I was.

I think 15 was lost from my gut with the remainder from my formally fat ass. thank goodness for belts - all my pants and shorts fall to my ankles without them. my wife is begging me to buy new pants. but why buy new pants when you can just cinch it?

started around 225-230. now hovering just above 200 lbs. I've hit a plateau with the weight loss. I keep telling myself that I am now converting fat to muscle. it might be true. who knows.

4) in 2008, I did the Woods Hollow race (Tatum Park) and the Mountain Man Biathlon. in 2009, I want to do them again and improve on my times significantly. I am faster now at Tatum on my SS just messing around than I was last year in the race on my geared bike. as I said, I am kicking my old self's ass :)

5) and I want to do a few more challenging races this year and see how I do. did singlespeedapolloza and Lewis Morris Challenge. also doing the Darkhorse 40. if you told me this time last year that I'd be doing a 40 mile MTB race, on a singlespeed bike no less, I woulda thought you were nuts. granted, the Darkhorse 40 is gonna kick my ass...but I'll enjoy the physical torture I'm subjecting myself to.

Last edited:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
....and Jim carved off 15. I think we need to start a site total. Anyone else?

A whole 2 pounds for me! Ooops, no, sorry that was just a sneeze.
I'm going with the "building muscle" theory.

I've recently adopted the hour a day into my schedule thanks to my kids taking "academic enhancement classes" and leaving me with 1 hr to 1:45 free time a day. That brings me from riding 4 days a week to 6. Hopefully, it will have an effect.

Faster. Yep.
Stronger. Yep.
Relaxing my diet a tad because restricting hasn't done squat. I now splurge on an extra fruit or two a day. :whoopdedo
But overall, I'm happy with where I've improved so far this year.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
didnt set any goals at the beginning of the year, but iv lost 12 lbs since early june, wasnt even trying i swear :)

Top Bottom