Wed 1/21/09 Group Ride

Good times last night. The 27 side is nicely packed and totally fun. Studded tires were awesome but the guys w/o them were fine.

The west side was untracked and a lot more work. Get out there before the meltdown.

We saw Jim and Franklin too. Many laughs and really unique conditions.

Powder day AND Mt biking. My favorite things combined!

Kush should have a GPS but It was slow going.

We lost Jeff out there last night.. His car was gone so I am guessing he is ok??

Jeff is alive and kicking. Once we crossed S middlebush, the snow got deeper and I got slower so I didn't want to hold you guys up. Then I ran into Manny (who arrived late... go figure) so we rode some of the new red trail and then headed back into the maze. The Rt 27 side seemed to have much less snow for some reason. Anyway, primo winter conditions out there right now and no ice. Get out there and enjoy before it melts this weekend.

Kush and i were commenting on how no one would have believed that last nights ride took place in NJ. Really great stuff.

j

hey hey hey now

"realistically 8pm".... I guess I took it to heart and I showed up 7:50. The train already rolled out. I hammered on and then I bumped into Jeff just before road crossing. I think I woulda made it :eek: but I'm just glad I wasn't alone anymore :D It was a a spooky surreal scenery.

Wish I had a video cam, there were some great blooper reel moments :D

JimV thanks again man for the plate.

Nothing like blasting new trails through the fresh.

Will post Garmin link later, but it was 2 hrs riding time, 13.5 miles. Pathetic 7 mph average, but that was through 6 inches to a foot what seemed like all the time.

Those weighed down tree branches almost took my head off several times.

DawgJeff - man, i stopped and waited up a bit from Middlebush, then went back to look for you, figured when you weren't anywhere that you headed back. Sorry.

JimV thanks again man for the plate.

Nothing like blasting new trails through the fresh.

Will post Garmin link later, but it was 2 hrs riding time, 13.5 miles. Pathetic 7 mph average, but that was through 6 inches to a foot what seemed like all the time.

Those weighed down tree branches almost took my head off several times.

DawgJeff - man, i stopped and waited up a bit from Middlebush, then went back to look for you, figured when you weren't anywhere that you headed back. Sorry.

7 MPH ave through snow is fast! Dont kid yourself! :)

Yes, FYI, don't wear road booties over your MTB shoes, there's no tread to get traction anywhere and you may fall down, a lot:rofl:

As always, 6-mile was fun:D

-Jim.

J thanks for posting the conditions. Hit it today at 4 with Tommycrash....squeaky snow, decent grip, lotsa fun....Saw Jason & Tim in the lot headin' in as we were headin' out. Great ride.

Anyone who owns a bike should ride the 27 side of Six Mile today. The best winter conditions I have ever seen are there right now. The other side is tough going.

Anyone who owns a bike should ride the 27 side of Six Mile today. The best winter conditions I have ever seen are there right now. The other side is tough going.

Didn't you just dig the noise? like a mellow squeak among all the silence of the snowy woods.....and the snow crystals that you didn't even see floating down from the trees glowing when the lights hit them were very cool too!

Didn't you just dig the noise? like a mellow squeak among all the silence of the snowy woods.....and the snow crystals that you didn't even see floating down from the trees glowing when the lights hit them were very cool too!

No doubt, last night was about as good as it gets. It was almost like riding on salt....

Add the fact that we had the whole place to ourselves.

I liked the occasional rabbit running around, and I heard a really cool bird calling, not sure what it was. Like a mix between an owl and a dove. What a great time on the bike.

Skip whatever you have planned and get out there today or very early on Sat.

After that stay away until it refreezes.

It is really fun out there.

I just did a full loop with Fred and Maurice.

Mega good fun..

J

The Cold is No EXCUSE

Get out there!! Don't be a fool man! Dress right and you'll forget that it's 20 degrees outside. Perfect winter conditions! Lotsa grip (even if you're on a 26er:D) and it'll get you motivated to drop the spare tire that formed around your waist. Once it thaws, you're fukd.
P.S DirtyBert need not read this cuz he's a DB and uses work as an excuse not to ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions