Wed 1/21/09 Group Ride

Wobbegong

Last night was not my night.....

Started out with Manny and Leo, about 10 minutes into the ride, I had the sensation that I was breathing in fire. Never had that happen before. I decided to turn around at Middlebush and head back to the rt. 27 lot solo, I wasn't enjoying the ride at all feeling like I was. Once I got across the concrete bridge area, my main light shit the bed, no warning, fully charged, just dropped dead. I limped out on my backup cheap-o LED bar light, so happy I keep that thing with me.

I may have lost the battle, but the war isnt over! :D

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Just curious.....What kind of lights you using?
bar mount, helmet mount or both?
Thinkin about getting a TriNewt for bars and minewt for helmet...or is this overkill?

I use a TriNewt on the helmet and carry a X2 as a backup. I would highly suggest the brighter light on your helmet, but you can always experiment for yourself.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Look at J posting death loop rides! Dont forget about bloodshed!!!! Ill be at work :(

I miss u J!

I missed my own ride..

I went home to get my bike clothes only to find that my lady was preparing a yummy dinner.

I bailed.

Next time..

Wobbegong

I missed my own ride..

I went home to get my bike clothes only to find that my lady was preparing a yummy dinner.

I bailed.

Next time..

Good move. Never deny the surprise dinner.

There is always tomorrow to ride.

THATmanMANNY

...I got across the concrete bridge area, my main light shit the bed, no warning, fully charged, just dropped dead...
WHAAAA that sucks monkey balls. That thing is always acting up on ya. Is your battery out and exposed to cold air? It may be the coldness. The cold air is affecting my bar light. The low batt signal come on after a bit but it never goes out. But the helmet light's battery which is kept warm in jersey pocket doesn't do anything funny.

Wobbegong

Is your battery out and exposed to cold air? It may be the coldness. The cold air is affecting my bar light. The low batt signal come on after a bit but it never goes out. But the helmet light's battery which is kept warm in jersey pocket doesn't do anything funny.

I was thinking it may have been the extreme cold. I had the battery helmet mounted.

Once I got back home, I plugged the light back into the battery and it fired up no problem. I let it sit on the counter turned on for 2 hours, it never went off. :hmmm:

BiknBen

I was thinking it may have been the extreme cold. I had the battery helmet mounted.

Once I got back home, I plugged the light back into the battery and it fired up no problem. I let it sit on the counter turned on for 2 hours, it never went off. :hmmm:

Just for the record, what brand/model light it this. I want to make sure I don't get one in the future. ;)

THATmanMANNY

Just curious.....What kind of lights you using?
bar mount, helmet mount or both?
Thinkin about getting a TriNewt for bars and minewt for helmet...or is this overkill?
Nothing is ever too bright for not riding but if you don't like to drop mad dough like that before you deem yourself a night rider (like me I wasn't sure how I will like it), I would go for something cheaper, bright, and light. I have had great success with the LM Stella 200L for the helmet and the older gen LM Vega on the bar.

kush

Why are the numbers different between the two???:hmmm:

It has something to do with the corrections that MotionBased makes, that Garmin Connect may not yet be enabled to make, or handles differently.

For elevation, when I turn off within MB auto-correct and elevation correct, it gets closer, though still not same as MB.

For distance, I understand that MB corrects also the distance as they track info from all GPS devices, not from the individual device. They do this to "clean-up" track data with whatever algorithms. This impacts the distance, usually making it shorter.

So that may explain why I lost 7/10 of a mile between GC and MB.

Wobbegong

It always seems that distance and avg. speed gets dumbed down with the gps when you ride twisty trails, like six mile.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions