Wed 1/21/09 Group Ride

BiknBen

There was one guy on a 26" bike in our group last night. When he crashed in the icy Canal Rd. parking lot...we pointed at his little wheels and laughed. :rofl:

kush

Yes - simply put, its the circumference of the radius multiplied by the outside temperature, divided by the angle of the dangle.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Great success!!

Good times last night sons. It was cool to meet some new MTBNJ homies. It was fun to crash and make snow angels and crash going uphill and riding the last 1/4 of the ride with no light!! This morning the conditions were just as good for Freddy and me. It was fun to look at the tracks of people riding off the trail into the woods:D

-Jim.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There was one guy on a 26" bike in our group last night. When he crashed in the icy Canal Rd. parking lot...we pointed at his little wheels and laughed. :rofl:

I also enjoyed giving Rob poop for having little wheels!! I like that he thanked us for allowing him to come on the ride even though he didn't have a 29er:rofl:

-Jim.

Wobbegong

Do you think it snowed enough to make the trails cool? I'd be down. I'll bring my gear with me to work just in case. Son.

-Jim.

We got a lot of snow last night. I'd say you'll see around 5-6 inches of fresh snow on the trails. It would be interesting to ride, thats a lot of snow to plow through.

THATmanMANNY

I'm game, but I'm wary about ice under the snow. I'll be more than happy to try if I'm not the only studless person. If I can I'll swing by 6MR on way home and walk it a little to check it out... F it whatever I'll ride.

Ian F

...but the snow is soft and fluffy... should be good for riding on... unfortunately, I won't make it... and the 27 side is a PITA for me to get to from work... Canal Rd - much easier.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Do you think it snowed enough to make the trails cool? I'd be down. I'll bring my gear with me to work just in case. Son.

-Jim.

Hard to say what to expect exactly. I was out yesterday when there was about 1-2" on the ground and it was pretty easy going with a bit of ice in spots. I have to admit that the studs were useful. i think with the additional snow it will be much less slick. The snow is pretty fluffy so I think it won't be too hard going.

I am going no matte. I hope we get a good group. The lights work really well in these conditions.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This might take an extra bit of time based on the slower speeds. Bring some food.

j

J-Dro

What time is this train leaving? 7:30?

I'm a maybe... depending if I can get out of work early enough.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions