Things that make you frown :(

serviceguy

hes recovered now. and not really an option in my household, as my wife and I are the primary caretakers for her 82 year old mom and we can risk bringing that to her at her new assisted living place.
Mine was a joke, obviously, but...

I had this discussion with a work colleague a while ago...a positive covid test and all of a sudden he's acting all responsible to protect my immune depressed wife, but any other nasty cough, cold etc. he kept showing up at work and come into my office with no concern whatsoever. He expected to be praised...he ended up being disappointed!

If you're worried for your mom, which is just right naturally, you also need to protect her from any nasty virus/bacteria, it's a PIA, we went through it with my dad that was 95 at the time. But if I know you from your posting I'm sure you're going above and beyond, you need to do what you need to do for your loved ones, no matter how advanced the age.

rick81721

Lothar
Mine was a joke, obviously, but...

I had this discussion with a work colleague a while ago...a positive covid test and all of a sudden he's acting all responsible to protect my immune depressed wife, but any other nasty cough, cold etc. he kept showing up at work and come into my office with no concern whatsoever. He expected to be praised...he ended up being disappointed!

If you're worried for your mom, which is just right naturally, you also need to protect her from any nasty virus/bacteria, it's a PIA, we went through it with my dad that was 95 at the time. But if I know you from your posting I'm sure you're going above and beyond, you need to do what you need to do for your loved ones, no matter how advanced the age.

It's just a cold now. Move on.

JDurk

I just completed easily the HARDEST tubeless tire installation on my wife's bike. Started around 1pm. Finished around 4:45pm.

Picked up a 27.5 wheelset for her bike on FB marketplace a few months ago, WTB STi29 rims, Formula hubs. Dude said he never had them tubeless. Well I guess that meant he wasn't successful because the front had sealant under the rim strip, no evidence of tape and gunked up every spoke hole. The rear had Gorilla tape residue. And both valves had sealant around the rubber base. Thoroughly cleaned both, re-installed the WTB rim tape as that keeps the tubeless tape from being punctured by a spoke nipple. Taped each wheel with Stan's tape.

Now the tires, Maxxis Rekon 27.5x2.6s. The amount of effort required to get the tires on the rims was just amazing. Did the front 1st, then realized it was on backwards. Almost called it a day, but did the rear. Tight as well, but learned enough doing the front that it wasn't too bad. Removing the front to switch the direction took even longer than both installs combined. Literally had 3 tire levers on it before finally getting it off. Direction correction completed, aired both up, but no sealant yet. Tomorrow. It's BEER:30

I hope she doesn't flat during a ride.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
looking to pick up crush washers for my fox 38 due to a lower service/oil change and this is the best i can find.

WTF?!??!! $2 for a piece of plastic if f-ing rediculous, at least the small ones are the same size as the Rockshox ones at $9 for 50.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a broken spoke as well. Happened right at the end of the ride yesterday. I remember hearing my spokes hit the rock but forgot to check until I saw this post.

im guessing this one is courtesy of field of dreams, but id still go back for another try!

Edit: anyone got a decent truing stand for sale reasonably priced?

serviceguy

Every. F@@king. Single. Time. We hike in the woods this happens…at least this time they did not try to run over Bailey, not that she didn’t get upset. They ride on the road in front of our house and into the park, every damn weekend, sun or rain it’s just the same to them.
620147DB-F1AF-4DE9-B90E-A0FC2C3DACFD.jpeg
EC03E26C-850B-4330-8B30-716265DAE83B.jpeg
B4B72039-8DE9-4191-A694-8DCFCACF980B.jpeg
B72F1350-0449-4842-BC92-EB27A1AEABD0.jpeg

Top Bottom