Things that make you frown :(

Ironjunk

Was road riding in byram and a brown lifted dodge blew smoke just be an ass. Brown dodge lifted, big tires, purple wheel well lights heading into sparta.

Felt it was appropriate time to tell my son (6) that there are people in the world that make fun of or not like to see people having fun.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was road riding in byram and a brown lifted dodge blew smoke just be an ass. Brown dodge lifted, big tires, purple wheel well lights heading into sparta.

Felt it was appropriate time to tell my son (6) that there are people in the world that make fun of or not like to see people having fun.
As much as I hate people like that, sometimes it's good to learn what not to do from other people's stupidity.

iman29

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks had to call a tow truck for one of the 4 vehicles in my house yesterday afternoon. 2 weeks ago it was my car which still isn’t fixed.

Yesterday afternoon Middle son called me he heard a loud sound when accelerating to get to the on-ramp for 287. Couldn’t turn steering wheel so went straight and pulled off into zebra stripes.

Got a ride there and seems power steering line blew out although nothing leaking the steering is stiff and now the serpentine belt is squeaking like a pig which is messing up the tension to the alternator and causing low voltage light. Had it towed to the local place near me waiting for the official diag.

Meantime my car was in limbo until yesterday when I heard the great news that the dealer replaced the whole transfer case under my CPO warranty. They also fixed the misfire which was a cracked spark plug that they had to extract in two pieces. After getting some car towed went all the way to dealer last night to get my car and it’s still making the same thumping noise that it was before.

So now two cars in the shop at once. Just mayhem and aggravation all at once. Can’t make this shit up.

Yes we own a bunch of Hyundais that are silver. (My oldest son has a 2013 sonata in blue). Yes I would still recommend one to others but just a stretch of bad luck timing with this. 😖

5179A89E-9002-4F1B-8DAD-9EE663EA42F1.jpegAFB8A5DC-E6BF-49B5-A5AA-E76B5525DF80.jpeg

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm pretty sure everyone i work with has no life outside of work or are so bored that they find comfort in working.

it's valentine's day... even a co-worker's birthday... and everyone is like "oh i'm working late... i have so much to do"

johnbryanpeters

i'm pretty sure everyone i work with has no life outside of work or are so bored that they find comfort in working.

it's valentine's day... even a co-worker's birthday... and everyone is like "oh i'm working late... i have so much to do"
Working late helps neither the company nor the employee. "Off" time is where most analytical thought processes do their work.

Ironjunk

Public school used candy hearts in a counting lesson. Got thrown out when the class was done as students can't have candy.

iman29

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks had to call a tow truck for one of the 4 vehicles in my house yesterday afternoon. 2 weeks ago it was my car which still isn’t fixed.

Yesterday afternoon Middle son called me he heard a loud sound when accelerating to get to the on-ramp for 287. Couldn’t turn steering wheel so went straight and pulled off into zebra stripes.

Got a ride there and seems power steering line blew out although nothing leaking the steering is stiff and now the serpentine belt is squeaking like a pig which is messing up the tension to the alternator and causing low voltage light. Had it towed to the local place near me waiting for the official diag.

Meantime my car was in limbo until yesterday when I heard the great news that the dealer replaced the whole transfer case under my CPO warranty. They also fixed the misfire which was a cracked spark plug that they had to extract in two pieces. After getting some car towed went all the way to dealer last night to get my car and it’s still making the same thumping noise that it was before.

So now two cars in the shop at once. Just mayhem and aggravation all at once. Can’t make this shit up.

Yes we own a bunch of Hyundais that are silver. (My oldest son has a 2013 sonata in blue). Yes I would still recommend one to others but just a stretch of bad luck timing with this. 😖

View attachment 207344View attachment 207345
So for my sons car turns out it wasn’t the power steering after all.

This is what the harmonic balancer pulley is supposed to look like ( note the outside diameter )

This is the one that came delaminated and unraveled off the car. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It should fit snug in the box.

This meant the serpentine belt was too loose making the power steering not work. Shop could not believe the belt didn’t come off and wreck the motor.

Glad I have an interest free credit card 😖B3815048-0AE4-4A2C-B461-CE5BE06F716A.jpeg5228A806-4AB2-491C-B74E-5D5CB9DEF5A7.jpeg

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
step 1: set status to DND
step 2: receive a thousand emails and messages
step 3: reiterate i'm DND and just trying to get thru my pile of work
step 4: copied in on more emails
step 5: get slack messages reiterating what's in all the emails i'm copied in on.
step 6: jump out the window and then realize i'm on the ground floor.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Commuting to work on NJT for the first time ever. Luckily this will still only be a once in a blue moon thing. No idea how my wife does this multiple days per week. WFH forever!

w_b

So for my sons car turns out it wasn’t the power steering after all.

This is what the harmonic balancer pulley is supposed to look like ( note the outside diameter )

This is the one that came delaminated and unraveled off the car. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It should fit snug in the box.

This meant the serpentine belt was too loose making the power steering not work. Shop could not believe the belt didn’t come off and wreck the motor.

Glad I have an interest free credit card 😖View attachment 207408View attachment 207409

POS QC, combined with a manufacturing defect. Doze tings should last forever if they don't get struck with someting.
Even the belt tensioning mechanisms these days are relatively immune to variation. What kind of time/mileage on dat pig?

Change out the tensioner and all the idlers at the same time, or you be back in trouble soon.

iman29

POS QC, combined with a manufacturing defect. Doze tings should last forever if they don't get struck with someting.
Even the belt tensioning mechanisms these days are relatively immune to variation. What kind of time/mileage on dat pig?

Change out the tensioner and all the idlers at the same time, or you be back in trouble soon.
All the other bits were changed at the shop for sure.

Car only has 76K on it I bought it in 2020 with only 55K on it. total Sunday church car from a guy who’s elderly mom passed away.

It’s got a 3.8L V6 rides like a Cadillac. Hyundais first attempt at a luxury car it’s just a Sonata with some fluff.

Reactions: w_b

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
All the other bits were changed at the shop for sure.

Car only has 76K on it I bought it in 2020 with only 55K on it. total Sunday church car from a guy who’s elderly mom passed away.

It’s got a 3.8L V6 rides like a Cadillac. Hyundais first attempt at a luxury car it’s just a Sonata with some fluff.

Hyundai was attempting luxury (and reliability) at least back to 2010.....

(Can you tell iv had not good experiences with their vehicles?)

iman29

Hyundai was attempting luxury (and reliability) at least back to 2010.....

(Can you tell iv had not good experiences with their vehicles?)
The car in this discussion is my sons 2006 azera. I can’t say everything about the 3 Hyundais I have right now has been terrible but lately it hasn’t been great either.

His car to me is showing all the signs of being used a lot after not being used a lot.

My 2013 Santa Fe 2.0T has gone into the abyss the last 3 weeks and they replaced the transfer case , AWD coupler , rear diff (2nd time) and now diagnosed a transmission problem so they are replacing that too. Despite the fact they have exceeded the value of the whole car in doing so the CPO 3rd party Warranty company just keeps paying the claims (only has 75K miles ) If not I would have told them to keep the car but reality is I cannot afford to replace my car (or his) right now anyway.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The car in this discussion is my sons 2006 azera. I can’t say everything about the 3 Hyundais I have right now has been terrible but lately it hasn’t been great either.

His car to me is showing all the signs of being used a lot after not being used a lot.

My 2013 Santa Fe 2.0T has gone into the abyss the last 3 weeks and they replaced the transfer case , AWD coupler , rear diff (2nd time) and now diagnosed a transmission problem so they are replacing that too. Despite the fact they have exceeded the value of the whole car in doing so the CPO 3rd party Warranty company just keeps paying the claims (only has 75K miles ) If not I would have told them to keep the car but reality is I cannot afford to replace my car (or his) right now anyway.

you were smart enough to do your hw and to buy the warranty with the car, i give you credit for that since i always end up passing on them.

Top Bottom