Things that make you frown :(

Karate Monkey

Edit: anyone got a decent truing stand for sale reasonably priced?

I'm not looking to sell, but I don't frequently use the one at home right now. If you want to setup a time to borrow it, I think I can handle that.

It's a 2.2 without the deep indicators, so no 1) fatbike wheels with the tires on, and 2) nothing bigger than 170 (iirc).

ebarker9

looking to pick up crush washers for my fox 38 due to a lower service/oil change and this is the best i can find.

WTF?!??!! $2 for a piece of plastic if f-ing rediculous, at least the small ones are the same size as the Rockshox ones at $9 for 50.

Slightly better but still.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I use the one at hilltop or halters, depending.....
it even comes with the spokes, new tape, and sealant.

iv been using the one at bicycle tech with the same deal, but since they cant get the i9 spokes (their supplier shows out of stock) i was thinking of trying it myself,

I'm not looking to sell, but I don't frequently use the one at home right now. If you want to setup a time to borrow it, I think I can handle that.

It's a 2.2 without the deep indicators, so no 1) fatbike wheels with the tires on, and 2) nothing bigger than 170 (iirc).

Thanks for the offer, ill LYK, im going to ask the other bike guys at work if i can borrow one of theirs first bc convenience and all that. I also need one that works with thru axles, or has an adapter for such.

Slightly better but still.

i did find someplace selling 50 for $50 after making that post, but its rediculous pricing for a stupid piece of plastic. and its currently sealed with the old one so may just deal with reusing it and let fox replace it when it goes in for full damper service . . . .

Karate Monkey

@shrpshtr325 you've already got a through axle adaptor, it's in the bike. The only people that need them are people who build wheels professionally, and have no axle from the bike handy.

That said, I don't mess with adaptors anymore. I have a really long 12mm axle that I use for the rear, and an old 15mm fatbike axle I use for the front. The time saved not screwing around with threading crap through is big. Not as big as the PK Lie adaptor, but also way the hell less expensive.

JDurk

I just completed easily the HARDEST tubeless tire installation on my wife's bike. Started around 1pm. Finished around 4:45pm.

Picked up a 27.5 wheelset for her bike on FB marketplace a few months ago, WTB STi29 rims, Formula hubs. Dude said he never had them tubeless. Well I guess that meant he wasn't successful because the front had sealant under the rim strip, no evidence of tape and gunked up every spoke hole. The rear had Gorilla tape residue. And both valves had sealant around the rubber base. Thoroughly cleaned both, re-installed the WTB rim tape as that keeps the tubeless tape from being punctured by a spoke nipple. Taped each wheel with Stan's tape.

Now the tires, Maxxis Rekon 27.5x2.6s. The amount of effort required to get the tires on the rims was just amazing. Did the front 1st, then realized it was on backwards. Almost called it a day, but did the rear. Tight as well, but learned enough doing the front that it wasn't too bad. Removing the front to switch the direction took even longer than both installs combined. Literally had 3 tire levers on it before finally getting it off. Direction correction completed, aired both up, but no sealant yet. Tomorrow. It's BEER:30

I hope she doesn't flat during a ride.
Finished up the rotor and cassette swap on the wheels. Without sealant, both had gone flat overnight. Injected 4oz of Stan's in each wheel, aired them up to 20psi, bounced and shook them. Put the wheels on the bike for a ride up and down the block. Shifted perfect. Check them this morning during my garage workout and both holding air well. Dropped the weight of the bike about 2lbs going from WTB Scraper 45 and 3.0 tires.

But..........the TransX dropper is drooping. In search of a 30.9mm dia x 330-350mm long, no setback seatpost now.

Kaleidopete

My internet connection stinks. My test says download is 13.1 mbps / upload 0.8
My provider charges me $31.20 a month. When I called them the answer is "that is all they can provide me in my area".
This is their advertised billing on the website. Boo!
Capture.JPG

iman29

Sitting in the ER right now 3 months and 2 days after the last time my MIL fell and shattered her shoulder, she fell again early this morning.

Assisted living place did its thing since she was able to press her assistance pendant and they called us to let us know. The difference is now she is 45 min drive from us so my wife had to wake me out of a comatose ZZquill assisted sleep to come with her here. Yes she drove not me.

Bad laceration to the side of her face and her wrist is pretty swollen - X-rays pending. Opposite side of the shoulder she broke but it’s her dominant hand.

Sigh. 😢

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
IMG_3780.JPG

added air a couple days back - after futzing, found that the valve core didn't seal.
filled it up again - let a bunch out, filled it back up. No bubbles.
so smile in the end - but it really derailed my Sunday afternoon.
i wasn't going to fly it until it held air overnite - landing on a flat is expensive.
(for @UtahJoe - trailing link suspension!)

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 210341

added air a couple days back - after futzing, found that the valve core didn't seal.
i wasn't going to fly it until it held air overnite - landing on a flat is expensive.
put some Stan's in there :p

iman29

View attachment 210341

What about a few of these ? Seems safe. Not.

4C726890-3F19-4E34-B033-FCD66510B8C8.png

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The aviation version is probably $300 a can, can be used once, and the tube needs to be tossed at the next inspection...
I was going to say....whats the repair procedure for a plane? and im guessing everything starts at like $500

When Monga told me it cost $60,000 to rebuild that little flat 6 in his dakota my brain hurt.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was going to say....whats the repair procedure for a plane? and im guessing everything starts at like $500

When Monga told me it cost $60,000 to rebuild that little flat 6 in his dakota my brain hurt.

Was a little surprised that I'd be allowed to do the repair. Of course I'd have to have the factory procedure, and any special tools required.

Tube is $175. Looks like the one in a good hand truck. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/gy_tire59.php

Top Bottom