High Mountain Conditions

Cassinonorth

Anyone have a decent loop here? I went once and got so turned around and wrecked by rocks I was just trying to get out by the end. Not sure if it's just above my paygrade or my bb was too low to enjoy it.

roc

Anyone have a decent loop here? I went once and got so turned around and wrecked by rocks I was just trying to get out by the end. Not sure if it's just above my paygrade or my bb was too low to enjoy it.
If you park over by the William paterson side, it’s a little easier. You really earn all your miles over by the reservoir drive side.
i did this loop a week or so ago< it was brutal. How many miles are you looking for?
https://strava.app.link/fmh15QoWX7
1594251625174.png

Cassinonorth

If you park over by the William paterson side, it’s a little easier. You really earn all your miles over by the reservoir drive side.
i did this loop a week or so ago< it was brutal. How many miles are you looking for?
https://strava.app.link/fmh15QoWX7View attachment 133781

Probably 7-9ish, I'll be looking to do it before work so nothing crazy. We parked off Sanderling Rd. since the college was closed for COVID testing at the time and went left towards Grandpa's and Snake:

Berms&Boofs

HM Suggested Loop #1: East Side Favorites Route

Mtbdog

How are the trails? Pretty clear?
Haven't done a ride since the storm hit. Someone told me about this one. Gonna hit Ancients on Saturday if possible. Haven't had any reports of Ancients yet. From what I see from strava rides it doesn't look that bad. I thought it was gonna be carnage everywhere but it's not that bad. Indians,Twisty Deer, Secrets, Glass and now Black Bear all seem to rideable.

roc

Haven't done a ride since the storm hit. Someone told me about this one. Gonna hit Ancients on Saturday if possible. Haven't had any reports of Ancients yet. From what I see from strava rides it doesn't look that bad. I thought it was gonna be carnage everywhere but it's not that bad. Indians,Twisty Deer, Secrets, Glass and now Black Bear all seem to rideable.
Thanks. Give me a heads up Friday, I’ll ride Saturday, if you want some company.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought it was gonna be carnage everywhere but it's not that bad. Indians,Twisty Deer, Secrets, Glass and now Black Bear all seem to rideable.

I've seen lots of TM happening on the Strava's of some HM regulars I know. I think it was pretty bad, but lots of cleanup has already happened. It's pretty impressive how quickly some of our local trails have been cleaned up.

ADKmike

Hey I may ride here Saturday - what’s current conditions and also what’s a good 1.5-2hr ride here that’s enjoyable and not brutal can someone suggest a route? I’ve never been before. Is “Ancients” one of the premier trails in the system? I’ve seen it mentioned a lot. What’s best direction to ride it? Also, where do you park? Thanks

Off The Road Again

Park at circle, well, before or after circle since we're not allowed to park at the actual circle....That will get you to Ancients, or Circle Switch to other great trails. Or, park at Water Tower at the end of Sanderling Road to get to the classic Junkyard, Glass, Indians, etc. Since no trails are marked or blazed, download TrailForks and study the trails and routes, fun place.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Ancients is my favorite loop, and it's good in both directions. I usually ride it clockwise from the circle and use circle switch and Jack's to get to it. You do NOT want to ride Jack's at the end of Ancients counterclockwise so keep that in mind. If you're looking for not brutal maybe skip Jack's altogether.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions