High Mountain Conditions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wonder how they will enforce this closure when there are so many entrances from private property.

None of this is being done to keep people off trails. It’s being done to keep them from congregating in parking lots. The various enforcement officials don’t have the resources to enforce at that level.

JerseyPete

On another point, there is definitely some trail hooligans out there. Three flats in two consecutive rides and the holes in my tubes go clear thru both sides of the tube. Something entered on the tire tread side and went right thru to the rim side, and a large hole at that. When the weather clears today I'm headed up to investigate. Both flats happened in the same area of "the elf's shelf" right after the water tower climb when heading northbound from golf course towards JVC lot. As of yesterday there were no signs or tape across any entrances to the Mt. Only saw two folks walking yesterday, and one other mt biker(with no helmet, genius!). Enforcement at HM is nearly impossible if they don't see you entering or leaving. They can't deploy half the police force to keep all the entrances closed, so do what you think is right. I personally would take my chances at the Mt. and whatever will come from that then walk around my hood with all the other neighbors because they just want to talk, W/o social distancing. So I'll take my chances in the woods. This is getting to be assinine. It f@#%in' illegal to go in the woods! Really!
Frank, was it in the area I took the pictures on this ride:
Check out the comments too.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
None of this is being done to keep people off trails. It’s being done to keep them from congregating in parking lots. The various enforcement officials don’t have the resources to enforce at that level.
Troll comment from me... There was news that a tiger tested positive for cv19. Social distancing with deer.... Close woods and stay home! :p

Mtbdog

Frank, was it in the area I took the pictures on this ride:
Check out the comments too.
Past that heading towards Orange trail. Up past the hill climb to the water tower and past that a little bit. I made it up the hillclimb got up on the next switchback plateau then felt the back end getting loose, 50 yards later flat. That section you pictured has been spruced up a little but where you cross the wet area there, there are logs piled up after the short water crossing(rock bridge).

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I assume you are aware that tigers & deer are different animals?

Tiger: ?
Deer: ?
So are bats, humans, tigers...
No evidence that the tiger contracted from humans but considering this tiger is from the Bronx Zoo... who knows.... however... we do know viruses mutate. Anyways... im just being silly as usual.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So your saying it's possible? Might try it. Thanks.
I did ghetto tubeless with non tubeless ready wheels and non tubeless tires. But... ime, it is a hit or miss. More miss tho...

My current setup on the Giant is... nontubeless rims with tubeless tires

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So are bats, humans, tigers...
No evidence that the tiger contracted from humans but considering this tiger is from the Bronx Zoo... who knows.... however... we do know viruses mutate. Anyways... im just being silly as usual.

google FCOV
its a thing.

Mtbdog

Just got back and found nothing. It's not my tire or rim and the holes in the tubes are in different places in relation to the valve stem. No Marlboro smokers, two women mid 20's on ancients and a quad on blue. The cop hunter I ran into last November was back today, didn't see him but his truck was parked in jvc lot. JVA-61D license plate. Ford pickup.

liong71er

oh deer..what a dilema you guys is facing now.

Atleast,,here in Indonesia Generaly can still free to Roam here
i biked yesterday in the woods and got lost on the other side of mountain,this mountain is similiar size with HM but different soil and vegetations,it got rocks but smooth as baby butt rocks
also come across local trail builders,but they built shitty trails i need to school them.
but,i lack certification from IMBA

hello Frank!!

Cassinonorth

Muddy in the low areas on marked trails but all the rest were fantastic today. Btw, any lot near the college is closed off by Passaic Co. sheriffs blocking the entrances due to it be a COVID testing area.

Cassinonorth

Conditions were great in the highlands.
Never seen this many hikers at HM... ever

Only saw them on Yellow going to the overlook. Completely had the place to ourselves besides what was like 20 hikers sitting around. Was kinda surprised to see it.

Mtbdog

The college lot is open!
Did a little tm on Ancients.
20200624_090040.jpg
20200624_083633_Burst01.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions