High Mountain Conditions

cool thanks for the tips! by the circle, you mean this spot, right?...

View attachment 115915
Yes sir, just gps reservoir drive in Franklin Lakes and you’ll get there. Don’t park in the actual circle but there’s signs telling you and you’ll see cars parked most likely. I’d probably take circle switch #1 and play around from there. I like to go right at the top of circle and maybe do a twisty deer loop, make your way over to Indians and then over to the junkyard loop by the college. I’d stay off grandpas favorite and I’m not sure about dark forest either. Maybe someone else has been on it lately but it was a mess. Or you can take jacks to ancients which is really fun.i’m sure there’s better runs but this is pretty straightforward if you’re new and keeps you near the main trails for easy bailout

I was in there last night. It was nice and tacky. Like @liong71er and @Paul H said, it drains well and stay on the unmarked trails. Use trailforks app if you are not sure.
Unlike other things, it doesn’t take much to make me change my mind when it involves riding.

Went at 2:20 and trails were in great shape. I only rode Circleswitch - Camelshump - Twisty Deer Path - Shelf, and didn’t see much mud (4-5 small sections). That place is like a colander!

Thanks for the intel guys!

Side note: I haven’t been there in about 9 months, and couldn’t believe the amount of people I saw. I’m used to not seeing a soul, but today we ran into 10 riders

Conditions were primo today. Should be even better tomorrow! Enjoy a bike ride tomorrow at the Mountain. P.S. the lot by the red trail head was closed today.(commonly known as the college lot). First time on Oscar's today, nice trail.

Conditions were primo today. Should be even better tomorrow! Enjoy a bike ride tomorrow at the Mountain. P.S. the lot by the red trail head was closed today.(commonly known as the college lot). First time on Oscar's today, nice trail.
Where’s oscar‘s trail?

Wayne's Mayor has closed High Mountain.
I rode pavement last night with the road bike and went by the circle area to see if it was still open. It was and there were plenty of cars. I guess Wayne felt that people would crowd there with no other options.
Thanks for the update Frank.

On another point, there is definitely some trail hooligans out there. Three flats in two consecutive rides and the holes in my tubes go clear thru both sides of the tube. Something entered on the tire tread side and went right thru to the rim side, and a large hole at that. When the weather clears today I'm headed up to investigate. Both flats happened in the same area of "the elf's shelf" right after the water tower climb when heading northbound from golf course towards JVC lot. As of yesterday there were no signs or tape across any entrances to the Mt. Only saw two folks walking yesterday, and one other mt biker(with no helmet, genius!). Enforcement at HM is nearly impossible if they don't see you entering or leaving. They can't deploy half the police force to keep all the entrances closed, so do what you think is right. I personally would take my chances at the Mt. and whatever will come from that then walk around my hood with all the other neighbors because they just want to talk, W/o social distancing. So I'll take my chances in the woods. This is getting to be assinine. It f@#%in' illegal to go in the woods! Really!

On another point, there is definitely some trail hooligans out there. Three flats in two consecutive rides and the holes in my tubes go clear thru both sides of the tube. Something entered on the tire tread side and went right thru to the rim side, and a large hole at that. When the weather clears today I'm headed up to investigate. Both flats happened in the same area of "the elf's shelf" right after the water tower climb when heading northbound from golf course towards JVC lot. As of yesterday there were no signs or tape across any entrances to the Mt. Only saw two folks walking yesterday, and one other mt biker(with no helmet, genius!). Enforcement at HM is nearly impossible if they don't see you entering or leaving. They can't deploy half the police force to keep all the entrances closed, so do what you think is right. I personally would take my chances at the Mt. and whatever will come from that then walk around my hood with all the other neighbors because they just want to talk, W/o social distancing. So I'll take my chances in the woods. This is getting to be assinine. It f@#%in' illegal to go in the woods! Really!
Problem here is... Why tubes?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions