Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually simple but I can’t find a fast ss frame that I like. The superfly is nice fit wise but I want ti or carbon.

Nice write-up and great job on W101! Rothrock is a tough place to stay fast all day - you killed it!

You'll get a lot of advice on what to get next, so, naturally, here's some more: if you decide to go ti over carbon (Psssst ... go ti over carbon - you'll be a lot happier on those big rides!) I'd seriously consider holding out until you can convince yourself to drop the dough on a Moots. Even if you currently have the dough, trust me - it takes time to convince yourself: they make awesome frames but they ain't cheap. I replaced my carbon RDO frame with a Moots frame last year, and in the end the frame alone cost me probably 80% of the entire RDO! It was the first time I've ever bought a frame instead of a full bike and thought, "I made the right decision here." I used all the parts off the RDO. My bike shop guy is a big time bike snob in the best way. At the time I got my Moots, I had been dealing with a ton of BB problems with the RDO (ultimately, we think it was a bad batch because another guy I know who had one with a serial number just five digits off of mine had the same issues I did.) So Scott told me something that has proven entirely true so far - he said, "if you want a bike that will give you minimal issues no matter what you do with it, go Moots. Everything they make is built to last." I've only had mine for a year, but I have already put about 4-5K miles on it and the only thing I've had to do to it over that time is replace tires.

My little brother passed away last night. 38 years young. Please encourage people who are fighting addiction and mental illness to seek help. He left behind a wife, 2 sons, a daughter and many other family and friends #fuckoffheroinandfuckoffbigpharmaforcreatingtheepidemic
3E46009E-C6E1-47FA-8CEE-0351B8960A06.jpeg
BE274648-CDE9-4C0F-B88C-0CC1C266E413.jpeg

So sorry, Dave. We only met once at the KVSP Endurance race last year, but I could tell you are a great guy just from our brief chat. I never had a brother but lost my closest college friend to heroin 16 years ago, totally sucks.

Dave-

I’m sorry to hear this. That’s a serious blow! I really feel bad for the kids. I lost my father at a young age. It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom