Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess I haven’t posted much since my bro passed. Anyways, life is good, bike life is good and my family is all good with exception of my dad. Man the end of 17 and throughout 18 has been tough. Lost mom last december, got injured in may and lost my little bro in August. Now dad’s cancer has come back and it’s inoperable and not curable so he is doing chemo(not sure if he is mentally strong enough to finish it through. Well, that’s where I’m at with every day life. Stressful but I have a great family to come home to every day and I am beyond grateful for that.
On the riding side of things I feel I am getting stronger and stronger. @Dairyman and I won the bearscat team event, I got third at Lucky Cross on my ss mtb, I got 2nd to @Dairyman at the Monmouth County World Championships yesterday and now I have two more races left before I head back to the gym. I’ll be doing the Cheesequake Hashathon 6 mile trail running race next sunday and Something Wicked 6 hours of Cathedral Pines on Nov 17 (SS).
I am currently riding my new Vassago Optimus Ti SS and the bike is far and away my favorite to date.I think I may try the open class again next year on gears. So, in ending this here are some random pics.
2A06DCA5-4715-460A-A332-BB4FD3036C77.jpeg
4E9D6E0D-E1F7-4A52-B606-156EA3AD90D3.jpeg
4D9E338C-63DC-46EE-A1BF-029838F00527.jpeg
9E5C7FE9-57EB-41D9-9F80-061E45AC3E37.jpeg
0375066F-30C4-4EE9-8F6E-DCC9296E3FB5.jpeg
1A02A21E-D072-4219-9B3A-513DEE18D210.jpeg
43446453-96EE-4E4E-930D-BAFE6380A795.jpeg
47FCB8C1-7A2C-4856-B4C2-5637FF203EC6.jpeg
2F2B1D90-077D-4B3E-9F55-D4E1192EE14C.jpeg
8F0FC129-A868-4706-850D-1762F839696F.jpeg

How much did you get your frame for? I’ve been venturing towards a Ti hardtail for XC as I don’t like to send it anyway.

Lessons I have taken away from this season. Your body can handle a lot more stress than you think. It’s possible to be strong at xc, endurance and short track simultaneously. A coach can help but is not needed.
I write this as my season ends in a week and a half. It has been full gas since January when I did the Fat Fifty. One glitch of 1.5 months no racing when I hurt my back but I have been making gains ever since. Despite blowing up physically from too many consecutive hammer races/ rides I feel I found balance this year. I did 20 races to date and despite a bike failure at stewart and a bad Shenandoah 2 days after my brother passed all were a relative success.
I have learned a lot and perhaps the bulk of it from my good buddy Mike. Often I went too hard in training and not hard enough at the races. In the beginning of the aeason base was very important(almost all z2) and during the season yyou just race into shape and then manage your weekly fatigue to keep topped off but not lose too much. I had some weeks early on with close to 20 hours of work and some like the week before W101 where I only rode 2 hours.
I have a long way to go but I have so much nore confidence once I started to trust my work ethic. I lost so many races mentally that I needed to fix that. Hoping the offseason goes well and I can come out swingin in the spring. Oh...and gears have been fun on the new bike :eek:

Gears? Un following.

Nice season Turbo, you put yourself out there and should be proud of yourself and your results. I enjoyed your write up's and glad we get to chat every once in awhile when you needed bad advice. Keep up the good work.

Gears? Un following.

Nice season Turbo, you put yourself out there and should be proud of yourself and your results. I enjoyed your write up's and glad we get to chat every once in awhile when you needed bad advice. Keep up the good work.
I always look forward to your bad advice. Bikes are a vice. Not one single person knows it all. You need to listen and learn from all aspects. Many people said not to race open last year on ss but I feel I am a better racer because of it. IMO racing is 30% physical 70% mental. I need to work on the mental side...not just in racin but in life in general o_O

The mental- no need to mind fuck everything when trying to be vulnerable... just go with what you want to do and forget the rest.

For the milennials. Yogi Berri was a catcher for the Yankees in your grandfather's day.
cxx_yogi_1955_getty_12.jpg

"It's déjà vu all over again."

"When you come to a fork in the road ... take it."

"It ain't over till it's over."

"I want to thank you for making this day necessary."

"I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four."

"It ain't the heat; it's the humility."

Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical.”

"The future ain't what it used to be."

"If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them."

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be."

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"Pair up in threes."

"It gets late early out here."

“Nobody ever goes there anymore; it’s too crowded.”

Never answer an anonymous letter."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.”

"I didn't really say everything I said." (Plot twist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom