IMG_20170726_090841_946.jpg
20170727_132542.jpg
20170730_115939.jpg
IMG_20170730_184946_320.jpg
IMG_20170801_162159_430.jpg
20170801_142147.jpg
20170801_164204.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg

I finally starting to feel normal again, that's on a bike that is. Why?

A. Weight loss
B. 12 days without alcohol

That's it nothing more.

I have ridden twice since coming back from the west coast and both rides felt like rock star status. Now does this mean I can hang with most cycling mutants, not a chance. But I have set a bunch of PRs on just my last ride. Granted most are new at SSP but have hit them on a reg. And yes, they were all up hill. This is huge for my brain because I just figured I left that former self in the past.

I hope to ride soon with some mutants on the regular and bring back those epic triples to demoralize mortals!

So psyched to see your progress and momentum carrying you along.
We'all have to figure another way to celebrate 219.
Say when.

@jmanic that 219 mark is a hard one, mainly because I have been floundering with my keto. This weekend killed it. Teen party consisted of 8 pizza pies and 4 trays of brownies that was impossible to avoid. You'd think I hadn't had any in months, oh wait that's right. I seriously had a hang over and was completely lethargic the next day. Time to reboot!

18 days liquor free. As my one buddy says I am now boring. I will take that and bore the shit out of anyone.

Sunday had some serious me time so went for a long solo ride on my MacDaddy. Started at the school with possibility of a lite triple but changed in mid flight to land a solid double. Cut through DP and out to Stephen's. I saw that mtbnj boys rode earlier and are still doing the standard old school loops. I need to get up to speed to show these guys they are missing so much new better stuff. I hope Stratocastor heals up well and soon because he has laid out some fantastic trails.

Thinking of starting up or bring back Tuesday fight club out of Panther Valley once I can locate my lights. Speaking of which, is there a go to place for batteries for the old magicshine lights. I have about four sets of lights with down and out batteries.

Like Wrigley
Doubled my pleasure today!

The other Norm has put together some fine goodness over at wildcat. Glad I was able to come out and check it out this evening. Really cool to see everyone, Will be back.

Hit a SSP and North double this AM with my lady. Yeah work is tad slow for my liking but it means more blood given on the trails.

Like Wrigley
Doubled my pleasure today!

The other Norm has put together some fine goodness over at wildcat. Glad I was able to come out and check it out this evening. Really cool to see everyone, Will be back.

Hit a SSP and North double this AM with my lady. Yeah work is tad slow for my liking but it means more blood given on the trails.
Bummed I couldnt join you for your first Wildcat tour. Maybe next week if my wife is off. There is a ton of stuff you didnt get to see yet that you will enjoy, so plan on coming back.

I pulled my Misfit from the rafters of the garage. Been hanging there for quite some time since fatness came into my life. Both tires saggy and flat and frame with half inch of dust. Juiced up tires and cleaned off the dust to give it a shake down to see if SS is still an interest in my life or do I send her off to better pastures.
20170819_195203.jpg

Well fact that I have only been on plus and fat tires made realize I never paid attention to trail hazards. Basically with those wheels you just plow through like a mad 18 wheeler.

Past 2 days rides were an absolute joy. Finding the ride of the SS to be finesse and speed. Where have you been oh dark Lord. Now I remember why I loved my Misfit it's simple and fast. No suspension no gears just the sound of my heart and breathing. Whole time I kept thinking of our dear friend Schilling and how he would give me the nod of approval.
IMG_20170820_125906_384.jpg

The one thing this wet summer has produced are the ediable mushrooms. Saturdays ride I found a huge batch of chicken of the wood, no pic but today I grab eidable giant puffball. Will be baking this tonight. Natures bread...
20170821_091442.jpg
20170821_110846.jpg
Bringing back Tuesday fight club this week. Will post in a different thread.

amazing how everything comes full circle eh? i haven't ridden my scalpel since May (granted i haven't MTB'd that much) but I'm starting to think if I need it as its just hanging from the hook with flat tires :p

Back
Top Bottom